Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

two weeks out- what is everyone eating?

I am exactly 7 days out (vsg on sat the 24th) ... recuperation for me is rough ... I cannot wait to be off liquids and have some mushies ... one more week, I think. I, too, feel hungry all day! It's so weird!!! I didn't expect to feel this way - hungry? Is cream of spinach a good choice for mushies stage or is that too advanced? I don't know why, but I'm dreaming cream of spinach? anyone know?

I'm exactly two weeks out today and still on the full liquids and will be for the next two weeks....I'm planning on calling my surgeon though and asking if that included purees now... shakes, yogurt, Water, blended Soups ( I buy many different flavors, in light, or course, and put them in the food processor). I tried a couple table spoons of Peanut Butter in 12 ounces of fat free milk and two scoops of vanilla Protein powder. I broke it down into three 4 oz servings....it was great...I miss peanut butter!! My roomate cooked pot roast with potatoes and carrots Sunday; we took all of that and a good deal of the stock that was created and processed that into soup..tasted just like Sunday dinner should! There is a "for dummies" cookbook out there for weight loss surgery patients find really good. can't wait to try some of the recipes! I keep feeling like there is something wrong with me because I don't seem to be having any issues !:unsure: I can get my fluids in, if I drink them too fast, it doesn't seem to really matter...I accidentally did 8 ounces in thirty minutes yesterday instead of 4 and no biggie....It makes me worry that something didn't work! I'm actually looking forward to the day something screams "STOP" so I can have the reassurance that everything is as it should be!! Anyone else with that issue? I'd love to hear your input.

I fully understand what you are saying kristateaches. I'm only one week out tomorrow and I've been good. Maybe too good. I have no issues yet either.(not that I'm looking for any and I am grateful) I too am on full liquids for 23 days and then mushies. I was just wondering today if they didn't take enough stomach. LOL I too can drink and drink with no trouble and have no other issues. I did cheat a little and got some stage 1 baby food meat and thinned it down before eating it. Sadly it was GREAT!! Looked really bad but tased good. I did get a full feeling with that and I think I'm one of those people who get the runny nose when I'm "full". Still trying to figure it out since I haven't really felt full with much of what I've been eating.

I'm two weeks and two days out first week lost 11 lbs and second week little slower at 6. I've been at the same weight for the past 3 days and am a little worried :/. Can't wait for mushie food really over just liquids.

It took what seemed like forever for my sleeve to tolerate even the softest of mushy foods! Just take your time with it--no need to rush into the next stage of eating unless your body is really ready for it. We all heal at such individualized rates. At 2 weeks out, focus on hydration and getting your Protein (probably through liquids, like Protein shakes), and enjoy a bite or two of whatever mushy you're allowed. :rolleyes: Seriously, I'm 5-1/2 months out now, and my sleeve is still letting me know that certain foods (roast beef, grilled fish, hard-boiled egg) aren't going to work. But that's okay, because there's a lot of food that DOES work. You'll find the ones that work for you, and in time, you'll be able to eat a good variety. Best of all, for me, I'll actually be around to enjoy it, whereas before my sleeve, I'm pretty sure I would have been heading for an early departure.

Hang in there, and take it slow! It's not a race, and there's no need to really push yourself forward. If you're getting fluids and protein, the rest is--well, gravy. LOL

it is amazing how we all heal so differently! I am 11 days out and yesterday was my first mushie day..woohoo. I was able to eat 2 oz of refried Beans and later on 4 oz of salmon with hummus puree...i eat suuuper slow and take tiny tiny bites though and have had no problems so far. my doctor said to eat as much and as often as I can tolerate it and let my body tell me when it is too much or when it is satisfied. Try eating really slow and make sure there are no chunks in your food and take small baby bites. good luck

OK, Isn't chilli a bit much for a recuperating stomach?