Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

two weeks out- what is everyone eating?

im 2 weeks out and on puree for the last week. I have to space out eating and shakes. But, I am doing ok. My BIG problem is eating too quick and then it sits in my throat once it catches up to me for a half hour. I eat string cheese, well chewed, refried Beans w/ melted cheese, scrambled egg, puree'd Soup (not a fan), puree'd chili (really good!).

Did you try switching it up and trying somthing new? It doesnt hurt to eat for me, but, it is uncomfortable if I eat too much too quick, and I mean a few little bites. I did try Peanut Butter on a spoon, definately did not agree w me. I will try again in a week. Good luck!

I didn't have a real mushie state - I went from full liquids to being able to have tuna, fish, canned chicken, crackers, cottage cheese, eggs, oatmeal, applesauce, etc. Which sort of sounds like mushie except no potatoes and no puree Soups. I would love some wendy's pureed chili - I can have bean Soup but not ground beef yet.

I think we all progress at different rates, what works one day may not work the next and vice versa. I remember posting here at about 2 months post that I could hardly eat 2 bites of tuna fish when I took my son out and I was concerned that would never change. Let me tell ya,, you will be able to eat again , not huge amounts, but you will eat and even be hungry at times! The pain will go away too, you have lots of swelling from the healing going on.

I was sleeved on 8/25 so today I'm 15 days out. Most days all I can manage to get in are two Protein shakes and two teaspoons of either cottage cheese or ricotta. I tried refried Beans a few days ago and it was not good. I'm definately struggling to get my calories up.

My weight loss has not been good either, My first week (during the clear liquid week) was 11 lbs but in the last week I have only lost 1 lb. I'm hoping it's my body's way of playing catch up as I'm only averaging 250 calories daily.

I loved eating hummus at this stage. It is very mushy and savory tasting. A good break from the sweet shakes.< /p>

Hello everyone! I'm sorta new to the forum but am loving reading everyone's experiences. I am 11 days post op and I still dont know what all I should eat. My biggest fear is eating too much and feeling sick or pain. (I actually got tempted w/ half a chicken nugget yesterday and omg biggest mistake! I felt like it got stuck in between my esophagus & stomach even though I chewed it a hundred times) :/ my tummy also hurts when I am hungry. Is that normal? My surgeon tells me the pains and Spasms will get better but I still feel like I'm stuck in a hole. :: sighs :: Anywho, best wishes to everyone :)

I found that Protein Shakes take away my hunger and the Water helps me feel full too. because i feel hungry at times I dont wait too long to eat, I have my Snacks or meals which isnt very much. but its a balance throughout the day to stay satisfied. I also use fitness pal (.com) and that helps me stay in a good range of calories/protein/carbs. I average 700 calories a day and I lose every few days. I am happy so far. But, I too am one of the people who get hungry. Hopefully it will pass. Good luck.

I'm going through the same thing. I lost 18 preop, 11 the first week and 1 single little lbs since. How discouraging. I do think it has to do with too little calories and not enough liquids.

I was sleeved on 8/25 so today I'm 15 days out. Most days all I can manage to get in are two Protein shakes and two teaspoons of either cottage cheese or ricotta. I tried refried Beans a few days ago and it was not good. I'm definately struggling to get my calories up.

My weight loss has not been good either, My first week (during the clear liquid week) was 11 lbs but in the last week I have only lost 1 lb. I'm hoping it's my body's way of playing catch up as I'm only averaging 250 calories daily.

I'm exactly two weeks out today and still on the full liquids and will be for the next two weeks....I'm planning on calling my surgeon though and asking if that included purees now... shakes, yogurt, Water, blended Soups ( I buy many different flavors, in light, or course, and put them in the food processor). I tried a couple table spoons of Peanut Butter in 12 ounces of fat free milk and two scoops of vanilla Protein Powder. I broke it down into three 4 oz servings....it was great...I miss peanut butter!! My roomate cooked pot roast with potatoes and carrots Sunday; we took all of that and a good deal of the stock that was created and processed that into soup..tasted just like Sunday dinner should! There is a "for dummies" cookbook out there for weight loss surgery patients find really good. can't wait to try some of the recipes! I keep feeling like there is something wrong with me because I don't seem to be having any issues !:unsure: I can get my fluids in, if I drink them too fast, it doesn't seem to really matter...I accidentally did 8 ounces in thirty minutes yesterday instead of 4 and no biggie....It makes me worry that something didn't work! I'm actually looking forward to the day something screams "STOP" so I can have the reassurance that everything is as it should be!! Anyone else with that issue? I'd love to hear your input.