Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Narcissistic, Attention ***** or Justified?

I am beyond thankful for the success that I've experienced thus far and praise God for this opportunity to have a longer healthier life.

The dilemma I have recently discovered is I've begun to question myself about the amount of enjoyment I get in talking about my WLS journey. I have always enjoyed sharing my story with others for a number of reasons. The most predominate reason though is that I have found so much encouragement form others as I was looking into and beginning my journey and I hope to be able to provide that encouragement to others. I really love sharing the adventure with others.

With weight as the topic I feel I have been to the near extremes, I was never on a public service special but I had gotten to the point where some of the basic life functions where cumbersome to say the least. Maybe the depth of sadness I felt at those times in my life are now being counterbalanced by the happiness I now feel. I've had better than average success with this WLS surgery and I feel like I'm in the best possible position moving forward with the rest of my life. I'm still seeing scale and NSV regularly and feel badly that others have struggled where I have not. So my question is this justified, is it ok to still be so happy and excited. Am I providing any value by continuing to tell my story or am I an attention ***** destined to turn into a daffodil?

I say shout it from the roof tops and be proud of your accomplishments!

I am beyond thankful for the success that I've experienced thus far and praise God for this opportunity to have a longer healthier life.

The dilemma I have recently discovered is I've begun to question myself about the amount of enjoyment I get in talking about my WLS journey. I have always enjoyed sharing my story with others for a number of reasons. The most predominate reason though is that I have found so much encouragement form others as I was looking into and beginning my journey and I hope to be able to provide that encouragement to others. I really love sharing the adventure with others.

With weight as the topic I feel I have been to the near extremes, I was never on a public service special but I had gotten to the point where some of the basic life functions where cumbersome to say the least. Maybe the depth of sadness I felt at those times in my life are now being counterbalanced by the happiness I now feel. I've had better than average success with this WLS surgery and I feel like I'm in the best possible position moving forward with the rest of my life. I'm still seeing scale and NSV regularly and feel badly that others have struggled where I have not. So my question is this justified, is it ok to still be so happy and excited. Am I providing any value by continuing to tell my story or am I an attention ***** destined to turn into a daffodil?

Hi,

I am in the very beginning stages of my WLS journey (I go to the recommended WLS seminar next month). With that said, I want to take the opportunity to say that I think you should continue to share your story and your successes!

You have so much to be proud of! Allow yourself to feel great about your accomplishments! People can benefit from hearing about your journey. :)

i totally agree with exoticheart, shout it from the rooftops. . .if it makes you that happy that is really really good. . .happiness is a wonderful thing and makes you a better person. . . i love telling people about my WLS and success if they'll listen and not be sarcastic about things, but it has made me happy. . . i'm not depressed anymore and am more "enjoyable" to be around. . .so go ahead and love the time you have with you! Good luck!

There is nothing wrong with being happy and sharing it with others. For so long we are misreble because of our weight, and now that we are changing things to make our lives better, its almost like we feel guilty. Enjoy the pleasures of the new you. Share your story to who ever will listen, you may just be saving their life or someone in their life that they love!

I agree with the others... bask in the glory of your success and be proud of what you have done/are doing... You should be proud, this losing weight malarky ain't easy, with or without the sleeve!!