Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need help with eating out

Hello -- I am three weeks out and still in the mushy stage. I have to travel to Michigan and our hotel does not have cooking facilities, so I am kind of stressing trying to figure out what to eat. Most will be from restaurants, I am sure. I am trying to figure out what will be good. I've been told that the chili from Wendy's would be good and I've tried the pinto Beans from Taco Bell and did pretty good.

Does anyone else have specific recommendations of restaurants and dishes on the menu that might be good. Or also tips what to order or any special requests I need to make with regard to preparation of the food?

Thanks!

Hello -- I am three weeks out and still in the mushy stage. I have to travel to Michigan and our hotel does not have cooking facilities, so I am kind of stressing trying to figure out what to eat. Most will be from restaurants, I am sure. I am trying to figure out what will be good. I've been told that the chili from Wendy's would be good and I've tried the pinto Beans from Taco Bell and did pretty good.

Does anyone else have specific recommendations of restaurants and dishes on the menu that might be good. Or also tips what to order or any special requests I need to make with regard to preparation of the food?

Thanks!

If your still in the mushy stage you still will not have a lot of options. Soups, Protein drinks, mashed potatoes, apple sauce, could try a licking a tablespoon of smooth Peanut Butter. I'm sure they are a lot more options for you I simply cannot remember what I ate, I'm 8 months out now. Definitely take Protein Drinks with you to the hotels. Try to go to restaurants that will have Soups and or mashed potatoes.

Good luck! Remember this too will be all behind you in a few more weeks you can introduce more foods to your new stomach! I can eat almost anything now

with the exception of spicy chilli or tomatoey foods as they give me heart burn. Happy Travels!

Can you do eggs? Order a scoop of egg salad, tuna, seafood salad and just much it up really well before you eat it. If they don't offer a scoop, order a sandwich and just eat the innards. I went out to eat and ordered lobster bisque thinking it would be a good option since it was creamy and full of Protein. It made me sooo ill, so I'm going to suggest being careful with foods that are really rich or high in fat. French onion Soup without the cheese is a good lunch option. You can often get a side of cottage cheese or apple sauce at most chain restaurants, though the apple sauce is likely the high fructose corn Syrup kind. Some restaurants offer baked sweet potatoes or squash. chicken soup, just eat the chicken and the broth. The chicken should be moist enough to mash it up really easily with a fork. Cheddar ale soup, pate....if you go Italian, order a side of meat sauce. Smash it up really well and add some parmesan cheese to it. I would also suggest buying some pre made Protein shakes to bring along.

GL

I was 10 days out and did a recon trip to my daughter's college...

soup/chili- buying a yogurt and carrying it with me...

taking two bites of my wife's dinner- mashed pots... tried a shrimp coctail- wast of $$...

I donated it to the seagulls, half eaten and the rest...

I would get shakes in a can at least you will get Protein.

then take it real easy...

The powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Protein powder can be mixed with warm Water. It is easy to pack because it is just powder. You can pre-measure it into baggies and mix it with warm tap Water from your hotel room. One scoop has 20 grams of Protein.

Lynda