Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Folks, my 5-day update, for whatever it's worth...

Summary: Feeling GOOD, and getting BETTER each day... :D

Weight Loss: 3.3 kg (7.26 lb) in 5 days!

Diabetes: Off my medication since the surgery; blood sugar levels are currently in the normal range. Waiting to see what happens once I move to the pureed, then solids...

Energy Level: Great. Am up early, and do not feel the need to nap during the day (1-2 hours daily, earlier!). Some phases of feeling dehydrated and low, but learning to adjust diet accordingly. Am walking 2-3 times a day.

Pain / Discomfort: No pain. Just some residual tenderness around 1-2 incisions. Some nausea / gas, but learning to adjust diet accordingly.

Diet: Clear liquids - chicken Soup, sugar-free apple juice (a little!), lots of home-made liquid yoghurt (we call it "lassi" in these parts), Protein shakes (of-course!), lentils Soup. And Water...

Emotions: This is the most difficult part. The surgery is a quick and sharp lesson in understanding the difference between "eye-hunger" and actual physical hunger. The body is no longer hungry, but the mind still is. Has provided an amazing perspective on just how much my life centered around "food" - all my "fun" plans had a strong food element - vacations, social engagements, family outings et al. It was also my anti-boredom go-to solution. Will have to learn how to have fun w/o food now! :unsure:But that seems such a small price to pay...

thank you for sharing the goods and the bads, my surgery is in less than a week and im so wanting to hear about the first few days of recovery. im glad that you mentioned the whole "eye hunger" thing. i didnt know what to call it but i definately suffer from it. i am not an emotional eater, but i am one that loves food. i am constantly thinking about food. there really isnt a time when im not thinking, what am i gonna eat for lunch, dinner, snack....and on and on. sometimes just for no reason what so ever i will start to crave something and it will naw at me until i go and get it. i have a cyst in my saliva gland that is painful to the touch and whenever im thinking about food...(which is always) i start to salavate and my nerve will give off a sharp pain from the blockage in the gland. i really need to have it removed soon or it might be a problem now that i cant eat like that anymore. anyways, i know it is literally a food addiction, i guess i need to address this in therapy as well as all my other problems lol it is really nice to be on a site where you can talk to others about what youre going through and they can totally understand what your going through....and they get it.....not like family or friends that dont know what its like to be over weight.

thanks again...and CONGRATS!!!!!!

Folks, my 5-day update, for whatever it's worth...

Summary: Feeling GOOD, and getting BETTER each day... :D

Weight Loss: 3.3 kg (7.26 lb) in 5 days!

Diabetes: Off my medication since the surgery; blood sugar levels are currently in the normal range. Waiting to see what happens once I move to the pureed, then solids...

Energy Level: Great. Am up early, and do not feel the need to nap during the day (1-2 hours daily, earlier!). Some phases of feeling dehydrated and low, but learning to adjust diet accordingly. Am walking 2-3 times a day.

Pain / Discomfort: No pain. Just some residual tenderness around 1-2 incisions. Some nausea / gas, but learning to adjust diet accordingly.

Diet: Clear Liquids - chicken Soup, sugar-free apple juice (a little!), lots of home-made liquid yoghurt (we call it "lassi" in these parts), Protein shakes (of-course!), lentils soup. And Water...

Emotions: This is the most difficult part. The surgery is a quick and sharp lesson in understanding the difference between "eye-hunger" and actual physical hunger. The body is no longer hungry, but the mind still is. Has provided an amazing perspective on just how much my life centered around "food" - all my "fun" plans had a strong food element - vacations, social engagements, family outings et al. It was also my anti-boredom go-to solution. Will have to learn how to have fun w/o food now! :unsure:But that seems such a small price to pay...

Thanks for sharing! I am 4 days today, getting ready to get out of the hospital this afternoon :) I am feeling very similar to you!

3.5 days and counting down fast! cant wait!!!!!

Thanks for sharing! I'm now on day 5 and could have almost written your post verbatim. I think I'm down about 7 lbs (am going to jump on the scale again in the morning to see). My energy is amazing now! I popped right out of bed this morning and haven't napped all day. I was a junk-food junkie pre-op, and I'm really now able to tell the impact that all that bad stuff had on my body and my energy levels.

When my brain starts to piss me off (i.e. head hunger) I've been either jumping online, picking up a book or going outside for a walk. I am really looking forward to getting back to work and back on a schedule.