Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV!! I fit in the chair!

Congrats !!!! Thats so awsome! It's a good thing she is a cold heartless old wench,,,instead of kickin her ass,,,,, just thank her,, no need to say why, just thank you and walk away.:biggrin1:

CONGRATS!!!!...I had one of those moments myself...I had meetings and we actually had to sit in those plastic garden chairs...Every time I would sit in one I would pray that it would hold me...Now I am able to just sit and not even think about it...WAY TO GO!!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2:...I also agree with the poster telling you to simply thank her...No reasons for why...She probably wouldn't understand anyway...Hugs, Windy:biggrin1:

The woman who sat in your chair is a real bitch! Thankfully, you don't need it anymore. Congrats on the wonderful NSV!!!

Awesome NSV!!! I have had the same issue in our conference room in the past. I always try and get there early to get a comfortable one. I have not been in there for a year now so I don't know if the chairs with arms are still uncomfortable or not, but I hope they aren't I might just need to sneak in try them out.

Way to GO!!!!!!

Congrats. I know what you are talking about. Just to fit in a theatre seat is a big deal without having to put up the arms. The best part is when you no longer need seat belt extension on an airplane.

We have probably all been embarrased by being to big to fit nicely into a chair. That is one of the things I am ready to overcome. I would get there early for the next meeting being sure not to sit in that chair and so that you can make eye contact and greet everyone coming into the room.

Overcoming one obstacle at a time,

Nan

Awesome! The small everyday victories are the best!! I can't wait until my obesity nightmare is over!

I had to tell my boss once that I didn't want to do a business trip because the airline would have required me to purchase 2 seats and I didn't want to face the humility of submitting the receipt for reimbursement and didn't even know if the company would pay for both seats.

Are you sure she was being mean, or might she have been subtily telling you that you could now clearly fit in any chair?

If she was being mean WHAT A WITCH and congrats for defeating the witchiness. Either way, Woohoo on your NSV!

I keep waiting for my boss to realize that I don't switch out the chairs in his office any more. I used to always pull up a wider chair when I was sitting across from his desk, but now the ones that have the skinny arms are just fine. Feels so good. I'm flying this weekend and hope I have as good of an experience.

Next month you should be the first one to the meeting...an leave the armless chair for someone else!!

Congrats on your NSV!!!!!

I relate so much to your story! Congratulations on your success. I think I would ask at the next meeting if you could have a celebratory bonfire...started with the evil armless chair!!! If everyone made you humiliate yourself by having to ASK for the darned chair they should be willing to help you Celebrate the fact that it is no longer necessary!!!!!!!

:clap2:

Are you sure she was being mean, or might she have been subtily telling you that you could now clearly fit in any chair?

No, I don't think she was deliberately being mean, but we did maintain eye contact for a long time and I was wondering what to do. When I did sit down, I did a great big Woo Hoo! And announced that it fit!! She said, you have been losing a lot weight. We all made a cool sign. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I was just irritated because she really did know. And if I didn't fit I would have had to ask her to move. And I would have, too.:) :mad: