Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So CAL Bandsters

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and i am not banded yet but will be soon! I also live in Chula Vista.. 5 miinutes from the border lol I would love to get togther at a local meeting and I will be joining the yahoo group next!

Hello! I am also new. I live in Johnson Valley, California. It is in San Bernardino County, the nearest big cities are palm springs and victorville. I am in the middle hehehe. I am being banded on 9-20, this coming wednesday. Anyone close to me that knows of any groups or anything I can attend? Anyone want to create a group?

ahaizlip,

I have been considering lap band and consulted with Dr Liu. How was your experience with him? Any complications? Were you banded in LA or Orange?

Tami

Hey All,

Anyone still looking at this thread? I am in Palm Springs! PM me if you're close and wanna chat.

Hi Pam,

I'm in Riverside.

Hi - I am in Indiio - looking into getting banded...

I'm a patient of Dr. Liu's. I've been banded since Feb 13. He's an awesome Dr. No complications. You are in the right hands with him and his staff.

Charlotte

ahaizlip,

I have been considering lap band and consulted with Dr Liu. How was your experience with him? Any complications? Were you banded in LA or Orange?

Tami

Not sure if anyone is checking this thread anymore but wanted to say hello to other So Cal band-folk. I am seriously considering this proceedure and the closest doctor would be Dr. Douglas Krahn. I have not seen his name much on this site... anyone able to recommend his work?

Not sure if anyone is checking this thread anymore but wanted to say hello to other So Cal band-folk. I am seriously considering this proceedure and the closest doctor would be Dr. Douglas Krahn. I have not seen his name much on this site... anyone able to recommend his work?

Hi Joy

We get emails that tell us someone reply to a thread which we subscirb to - you will see once you post...

I don't know your doc - I only know mine and I only found 2 that knew him - Good Luck on your journey - read all the post on this site (good & bad) and you will have all the info you need to make the right deceision for you..

Hi all, I am brand new to the group. I haven't even set a date yet-- waiting on insurance.

Curious though (even though this has prob been asked already somewhere on this site)-- DO YOU REGRET IT AT ALL?

Hi all, I am brand new to the group. I haven't even set a date yet-- waiting on insurance.

Curious though (even though this has prob been asked already somewhere on this site)-- DO YOU REGRET IT AT ALL?

Nope... I don't regret it at all...... I have lost 26.5 lbs since July... The first week the pounds dropped off and have been 1 - 2 lbs a week - which is what they tell you to expect - You need to know that 75% of your success will be up to YOU - NOT THE BAND - good food choices - exercise and controlling your head hunger. I will be full but still want to eat and i have a hard time at night. I am a night eater. I don't have food to fill up my evenings any longer. I don't have a fill yet - went to dinner at Outback last night - had a few blooming onions - 1/4 cup clam chowder - couple of bite of my steak - and a baked potato and i was STUFFED.. Came home and had 1/2 piece of cake (it was my daughter in laws bday) and could not eat anymore. I eat alot of fish - chicken and veggies - i have 1/2 cup of brown rice or Pasta with my meal. I am making good food choices and am eating heahtly... I still want to eat fattening foods- the band does not take away that - But I am determined to get this weight off.... I would do it again in a minute - can't wait until Wed - when i get my 1st fill...

Read, Read, Read and ask questions - Good Luck on you WLS journey

Since my banding a year ago, I've lost 71 pounds. Do I regret having surgery? HELL NO!!! :) I'm loving every minute of it!

:clap2::cheer2:

Good luck to you!