Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let me start off by saying I come from a very Southern family.....I am on Day 6 of pre-op liquids I have been doing really good only had one slip up and it wasn't that bad I had a piece of low fat cheese. But today my ENTIRE Family is here and that is a ton of people and they are cooking Black Eyed Peas, Fried Corn bread, Salt Pork, Fried Okra and Rice!!!!!!!!!!!! This is torture....I know that I can't make other people change for me and my choices but this is really hard and my only escape was getting on here I know pretty pathetic right. I am actually thinking about going to take a nap!!

Kayla I am sitting home alone and bored out of mind! 6 days in for me too - I have a popsicle in my mouth right now! LOL I am dying for something NOT sweet - broccoli is in the microwave, just finished 2nd of 4 Protein Drinks for the day and I wanna go to bed to just have the day end!! I am right there with you!!

Kayla, get some of the liquid from the black eyed peas to satisfy your "southern" side. You should also be able to have some of the pork liquid also, just enough for the flavor and don't over do. Forget the corn bread, okra and rice though. You can do this. You are doing this for your health and I am so there with you on the Southern food, giving up my sweet tea has been killer but I know it is the right thing for me and you can do it. Southern families are big on getting together to eat and visit so I know how hard it is. And all those wonderful smells, makes you ache I know, Been there, done that, no tee shirt or eats. You have to remember why you are doing this and that southern food help get you overweight just like it did me and many others southerners on this site. We are here for you, drink alot of Water and do everything and anything to get you out of the house, go sit on the front porch and visit. Please let me know how you do, I know you will win and conquer this test. When is your surgery date? Best wishes, you can do this. You are strong!!!!!!! :D

Kayla, get some of the liquid from the black eyed peas to satisfy your "southern" side. You should also be able to have some of the pork liquid also, just enough for the flavor and don't over do. Forget the corn bread, okra and rice though. You can do this. You are doing this for your health and I am so there with you on the Southern food, giving up my sweet tea has been killer but I know it is the right thing for me and you can do it. Southern families are big on getting together to eat and visit so I know how hard it is. And all those wonderful smells, makes you ache I know, Been there, done that, no tee shirt or eats. You have to remember why you are doing this and that southern food help get you overweight just like it did me and many others southerners on this site. We are here for you, drink alot of Water and do everything and anything to get you out of the house, go sit on the front porch and visit. Please let me know how you do, I know you will win and conquer this test. When is your surgery date? Best wishes, you can do this. You are strong!!!!!!! :D

Thank you!! My Surgery is on August 8th in Orlando Fl!!

Kayla,

I just finished day 4 and I am super happy to say I have only one day left. Surgery is MONDAY!!!!! I have made sure that I am doing a few things for myself. Yesterday I scheduled a hair appointment, today it was mani/pedi time. it was nice to be out of the house and not thinking about food. I agree with everyone that has said to find alternative activities. I wish you the best as you struggle.

For me the pre-op diet wasn't the worst. It was the 4 weeks of liquids and soft foods that I had to be on after surgery. The Protein Shakes and consistency of the blended food grossed me out after a while. Although your hunger will be little to none after surgery, the liquids just get old. The happiest part of my surgery experience was going to regular solid foods. Ahhhh it's a breeze after that. So consider this pre-op diet the "easy part". That after-surgery liquid stage is the real sucky part. Sorry to be a downer.

Hi Kayla,

I feel you pain... I had to go to a birthday party yesterday. I couldn't even stay long...food all around me... I had to go home to my jell-o. We only have 9 more days to go...we can do it.

Toyia

Toyia and Kayla - I agree we can do it!!! We can we can we can!!!

I am so ready for this!!! After yesterday I know I can do this.....My family after it was all said and done kept saying how proud they were of me that I have been able to do this and that they are so excited for me to start my new life. I just sipped my beef broth and ate Jello. Not much longer =)

MeMeMee you are correct... We can do this... :D I am so happy for all the August VGSers...:rolleyes:

Kayla...I am very proud of you.

Toyia