Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How I Broke My Stall

Hi my fellow sleevers! I thought this was very important to share since it broke my 6 day stall. I understand that people have different diets according to the doctor who sleeved you, but I think your body also plays a great part in this stall. So you need to listen to it.

My doctor's daily diet for me was the following:

scrambled egg white (I use eggbeaters) with any veggies

fruit in mid morning

chicken or fish for lunch with a little portion of veggies or lentil/ beans/ chickpeas Soup

yogurt at mid-afternoon

4 oz of Protein shake for dinner

another fruit 2 hours before bed

I did this to the T and it wasn't working. I had lost 9.8 pounds my first week and only 2 pounds my second week. Now I was stalling. I had read everyone's posts and was ready to go back to my liquid diet as one of our sleeved guys suggested (his dr. or nurse had told him to do that when stalling). But then I remembered that back in the day when the "anti-diet" came along (eat lots fruit only before 2 pm, amongst other rules) and I tried it, I hadn't lost any weight. Every diet I went on that involved too many fruits never worked for me.

So, I did what usually worked for me. All Protein, all day.

I had 3 turkey pastrami slices (they are really small) with a tablespoon of hummus (it only has about 4 carbs) instead of my Snacks and dinner.< /p>

AND VOILA! I lost 1 pound each day that I did this and broke my stall.

I do plan on telling my doctor. But I thought I'd share it with you first. I don't know what he'll say. Maybe you should talk to yours before you try this if you want to try it, but I doubt eating all protein all day is bad for you (if you are having your Vitamins and minerals, etc.).

HOPE IT HELPS!

Yeah! Glad your stall broke. I guess I am having my first one. I am 12 days out. Lost 18 1/2 lbs the first 10 days and nothing since then, except I gained a pound. In addition to learning a new way to eat, I need to learn patience! Cathi

I'm on Day 20 of a stall. The scale finally moved ONE pound this morning. I'm not celebrating yet. The son of a monkey's butt better keep moving.

It happens. It sucks. We just have to keep on keepin' on.

I'm glad to see you broke your plateau. I lost 25 pounds in the two week preop diet and the first 2 weeks postop then I have been at a hault the past two weeks. It is very frustrating.

Lol Congrats! @sleeveigirl-Tx Did you do anything special to break it?

Not really, I figured I could have tried to do stuff, but I eat so little and exercise so much that I just kept trucking. I shall report tomorrow if that damn scale moved again.

I went to bed the other night at 176.6 and woke up in the morning at 179. WTMF!!!!! Four thin discs of sauteed baguette used for bruschetta can't do that ... can it?!! Because that is what I had for dinner that night. These had better be TOTM pounds but then I get paranoid that my digital scale, which runs on batteries, might have been running down and maybe the lower numbers were a false reading in the first place - aack! Need to get new batteries, take some Miralax, cut out the carbs and weight myself the day after TOTM finishes. =/

It will come off, something similar happened to me last week, I put on 2 pounds and lost them the next day. I stayed on Proteins and low low carbs the day after. From what I understand, since Protein is metabolized a lot slower than the carbs you had the night before, your body will try to use whatever calories you still have in your system from the bruschettas and then start using the protein.

Let me know what happens tomorrow.

Maraki