Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm so stressed out tonight

Ugh!

I am being audited by the board of medicine (just like 869 others just like me, merely a random thing) and I can't find the verification paperwork that they want!!! This is going to cost me $750. And I did it, i know i did.... I'll keep searching tomorrow I guess.

Also, I went to visit my family this weekend. My sister was there with her fiance. Now, her fiancee and I have this long-running history of not liking each other (ever since high school), but we've been getting along well lately (I didn't see him for about 5 years in the meantime). Anyway, I thought he said something super condescending towards me and I tried to bring it up. Turns out it causes this huge ordeal, and in the end he swears he didn't mean it like that in the first place. Now I feel like a total a## :embarassed: . Of course, now my sister is peeved at me, and her fiancee things I"m a total hysterical over reacting female.

On top of that, I had been seeing this guy off/on for a couple of months, and ended it this weekend.

My tire got slashed at work and I'm having to get new tires- of course they had to be special ordered and cost $165 each... (i only need two thank god).

Now I"m sitting here wondering about my decision about the band. I only have a bmi of 32.7. Is it worth it?

Things have got to get better, right?

Hon, sounds like you need an industrial size box of Calgon....:confused:

Maybe sleeping on it and getting a fresh start looking for it will halp you find the paper tomorrow, I hope so!

As for sister/obnoxious bf, maybe use the audit and explain you were stressed, then forget it. If he continues to bring it up, after it is "over" then he will be the one looking bad!!!

Nothing much to say about the tires, we had one slashed not long ago, really ticked me off, I suspect the soon to be ex of my DD...but have no way to prove it. Cost us a pretty penny too, it was on a big 4WD P/U. Sorry!

As for the band....I love mine. If you stress about your weight or your health, then I think it is the right thing. It will give you control that I know I never had otherwise. I only wish I had done it years ago! In my opinion it is not something you have to "work" every second of every day. I am not always hungry so I am not always making bad food choices. Plus with being able to eat less, if I do make a bad choice, then I eat a couple of Cookies or chips, and am full. Prior to banding I would have ate whole bag! This way now, I just stop, and I don't have to think about it or worry about being hungry and where is my next food coming from. Only you can make a decision like this, but like I said, I love this band...and I hope your life settles down a bit so you can make a careful decision about getting it. It deserves to be thought out, not taken lightly. I wish you lots of luck in settling the other issues in your life, so you have the freedom from worry to make that decision! May all things look up from here!!!

Kat

Hey Liz,

Please sit down... close your eyes.. put your head back.. and slowly count to ten!!! Take a few deep breaths and exhale!!! okay...?

What is a medicine audit? I hope that you don't think I'm stupid, but I've never heard of this.

As far as the family situation.. Sometimes shit happens. Try to let it slide off your back. Let your sister know that you are having a rough time right now and that you are stressed out. Don't forget to say that your sorry if this caused any problems with her "BF". That usually works and smooths things over with the relative. :biggrin1: Sometimes when you have issues with a particular person, we always seem to over analyze what they say or do. One time you may be right, the next time.. you may be off yoru rocker.. wrong. LOL this has been my experience.

Sorry to hear about the BF. Don't take this the wrong way, I mean no harm in my statement. But.. It seems like maybe it could be a good time for this to happen to your relationship. You are starting to make big changes in your life, starting with the band.. and you have to make a commitment to yourself.. maybe you'll be so into having the band.. exercising or whatever it is.. and find out that you may not have had any time for him anyway. I'm sure as you lose weight, gain more confidence and become healthier and "Hotter".. You'll find another BF.

As far as your teetering over the band... hun.. it's up to you!! How bad do you want this? Are you going to regret this if you don't go ahead with it? This is a HUGE life changing decision.. Please make sure that you are 100 percent sure this is what you want. Besides... Who will I have to chat with.. if you are gone? We're getting banded so close to each other!!. I'll miss you buddy... But seriously... it's totally up to you.. just make sure what ever you decide. is for the right reasons. I'll be here for you, no matter what you decide. If you need a phone buddy to chat with, let me know. I love ya, Sista!! I thought I'd throw some color in the post for you, to cheer you up.

This audit is a randomly selected audit to evaluate for CME (continuing medical education compliance). They want a piece of paper saying that I took a class on hiv/aids, domestic violence, and preventing medical errors. I took them, but I moved 5 months ago, and they're in the garage somewhere (I HOPE!) in boxes and I just can't find them. It's not because I did anything wrong or illegal or anything like that.

Regarding the band, it's something I want. I took almost two years to make the final decision. I was just freaking out last night I think.

Regarding my sister and her fiancee... ugh. I'm going to have to deal with that. I talked to both him and her last night, and they said they understood and that we'd cleared it up, but they sure didn't sound like meant it. They sounded super-ticked with me. I guess the thing to do now is drop it.

Liz,

Will you be a self-pay or insured pay? That would be one of the determing factors. Also, what is your height and weight because it sounds like your fine?