Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So you hear alot about wearing compression garments as you lose weight.

At what point did you start wearing one?

Do you think it really helps with the lose skin?

And where did you get yours? What is your favorite and why?

Any info on this subject would be appreciated.

I've been wearing Assets (Spanx for Target) with the high waist for about 4 weeks now. I think I started wearing them about 4 weeks out. Whether it helps with loose skin or not, I just feel like it holds me in better while I'm losing weight and people don't see a tummy bulge as I go down in sizes. My bottom half is the last to go.

Just wanted to bump this up. Would love more feed back if you guys have any.

I'm curious about this too. I'm two weeks pre-op and considering buying a compression tank top for post-op.

I had a hysterectomy a decade ago, and I wore a compression garment (a high-waisted brief) for several weeks afterwards. It helped a lot. It supported my stomach muscles after they had been cut, and I felt MUCH more comfortable when I was wearing it,

So I wonder if a compression tank top will help support the upper abdomen after surgery and make it more comfortable. Anyone have experience with this?

THANKS!!

I use the one from Target too but for the upper half, its like a tank top with the boobs cut out LOL. My middle is my problem area, I don't use it because it will help with the skin, I think my skin is shot at this point, but I do use it so it will hold things "together" around my middle and the underwear ones always roll down my belly. It makes me feel better if I can't see all the little imperfections that some clothes will show.

I just bought my first one yesterday. I bought a new knit top in a 1X. I came home and tried it on and it fit but the type of fit where if it shrinks in the dryer, it would be too tight. So then I put on the compression tank I bought and put the top back on and I was amazed. It made almost a size of difference! It was not easy to get on, but once it was on it was very comfy. Unfortunately I bought it at an outlet type store and it was the only XL they had. I don't think I'll be wearing it while I'm mopping the kitchen floor but I will definately have it on for anything where I'm out among friends. For me, it's just that I'm that jiggly now. Not so much loose skin yet, just far from firm.

Just one thing to add, be careful when ordering a garment off the internet, Read the sizing information carefully. I bought myself a 2X compression garment, one of the tank top kind, with the bust area cut out, and even though I have lost 75 pounds and am well under 200 lbs now, I can't get the thing on! It has hooks and eyes that you fasten, and then a zipper. I seem to hold a lot of my weight between my waist and bust line, and I can't get the darned thing snapped and zipped to save myself. I have tried three differnt times to get it on, and each time it goes back into my dresser drawer! It is a Leonissa brand, that is advertised here on this site. I am looking forward to the day that I can get it on and wear it under some of my more "clingy" tops. But that day hasn't come yet. The last time I tried to put it on, I stood in front of my mirror, to see where the hook and eyes were, to help fasten them, and got to laughing. I laughed so hard I had tears running down my face, so even with the mirror, couldn't see what I was doing! Back in the dresser drawer again!

I will second the caution.....however I purchased my "compression" garments at Walmart, without trying them on. When I got home and put the 2x t shirt top on it was like a boa constrictor had me. I literally could not get it off! I tried, then stopped, tried again. stopped. I was wondering how I was gonna get this thing off, i really needed someone to remove it, with my hands up in the air, like a mom takes a shirt off of a child! I was contemplating CUTTING it off when I was finally able to get it off. I took all $60 worth of the compression garments back the next day :)

I'd like some firming on my stomach and hips/thighs. I might try Spanx but this sizing thing is iffy. I am a 1x on top and a sz. 20 bottom. guess i'll have to try things on at the store but I fear having another boa constrictor incident in the dressing room! lol

Just one thing to add, be careful when ordering a garment off the internet, Read the sizing information carefully. I bought myself a 2X compression garment, one of the tank top kind, with the bust area cut out, and even though I have lost 75 pounds and am well under 200 lbs now, I can't get the thing on! It has hooks and eyes that you fasten, and then a zipper. I seem to hold a lot of my weight between my waist and bust line, and I can't get the darned thing snapped and zipped to save myself. I have tried three differnt times to get it on, and each time it goes back into my dresser drawer! It is a Leonissa brand, that is advertised here on this site. I am looking forward to the day that I can get it on and wear it under some of my more "clingy" tops. But that day hasn't come yet. The last time I tried to put it on, I stood in front of my mirror, to see where the hook and eyes were, to help fasten them, and got to laughing. I laughed so hard I had tears running down my face, so even with the mirror, couldn't see what I was doing! Back in the dresser drawer again!

I bought a Fleexes tank top. According to the sizing chart it should fit, but it is SOOO tight. I feel good with it on because it holds me together and makes my clothes look better but after a few hours I can't wait to get the darn thing off. I think I will like it a lot better when it's not quite so tight.