Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Depressed after being at goal

Sign in to follow this  

Okay - I am totally depressed and need someone to vent. So, I have been so thrilled about being a size 4 or 6 walking around in total vanity. Yesterday I was going through old clothes from over 15 years ago when I was at a size 8 or 10. Put these old suits on and they fit. Perfectly. Size 10. Really?

I look great, I feel great, I am active - why am I letting a number depress me? Am I one of those arrogant persons who judge myself? Now I feel like I have not lost enough and want to start back up on the diet with the militant vigor I did after surgery. I am crazy and depressed. Crying depressed.

Oh - I am keeping the skirts since they never go out of style but the jackets are a getting tossed. But just thinking of putting on a size ten mentally defeats me. I have three cocktail dresses I am keeping too, same story. The GunnySax dresses are getting tossed.

Help. I need a reality check.

OMG I wrote out this huge post and the website just ate it!!! AAUUGGGHHH!!!!!

Anyway what it basically was saying is that, I get you. One minute I'm happy where I am and the next I start thinking of a million reasons to keep going. Likely my body will keep losing anyway since I do run a lot, do many workouts and of course I eat very healthy most of the time. I'm just going to let my body settle where ever it may.

I probably won't Celebrate much as the pounds drop, and I probably will drop quite a bit more.

Hugs!!! It's tough... and I just don't think many will uncover this truth until they get here. Where ever "here" is... LOL :)

Thanks for the reply. I did not want to post in general area and scare off the newbies. I love my sleeve but this is a mental problem, not a sleeve problem.

Once I hit goal, I lost maybe three lbs up and down for a while but lost 2 more sizes in clothes. Went from an 8 to a 4 or 6 depending on mfg. So as you settle in, the body continues to redistribute weight.

Will you do me a favor please and give me a link to your post about this same subject. My mental health is in the balance. Thanks!

I really didn't create my own post, what I meant was I had a huge reply here ready to go and the website deleted it... :-( Sorry for the confusion. Sometimes when I'm in a hurry I don't make well thought out sentences.

I do try not to post thing like this out in the open either. I mean, I'm sooo happy over all my weight loss and I really do love my sleeve. However, maybe it's that we have it ourselves that it's never enough. I say to myself that I like how I look, then the next moment I feel like I want to lose more. Honestly I don't know WHAT I want. Maybe years down the road we'll both be settled in nicely and be happy.

Hugs!! I think you look fantastic and really I don't see that you need to lose anymore weight. But it doesn't really matter what *I* think though, it's really all about you. I hope your brain can catch up to your outside very soon!

Remember too that the new vanity sizing, they didn't make size O, OO, or OOO back then either. The sizes are just "different" now. I'd much rather be a 4-6 than a 10 for sure!! Just know that you aren't a 10. Those are old outdated clothes don't really exist anymore. :)

My original goal was a size 8 of today. I'm that now so in reality I have hit my goal. But just like most others I want to try for some vanity pounds now... nothing wrong with that!

Yeah, I'm 10-15 lbs below goal but still... I like eating too much to actively lose any more weight, but I don't feel too thin by any means. Of course I'd like to lose in the gut but retain or gain in the boobs and butt. OK, none of that is happening. I put on one of my mom's suits from the 1960's. It's a size 12 and it's just a little too big. A size 12! I'm 5' 2 1/2" and weigh about 121 lbs.

I don't think someone can spend most of their life trying to lose weight and then just stop thinking like that. I don't need to lose more weight but it's hard to accept that. It has always seemed like a solution to a multitude of problems (ok, I know that's unrealistic but it is honest). Now I just have to live with the fact that tho I'm thin, I'm not young any longer or (ack) perfect.

sizes are really crazy though. I really don't know what size I wear, but most commonly, an 8.

I also have size 4 and 6 jeans that fit me.

I recently went to K mart to buy some cheap jeans. I have a lot of painting and work to do on my house since I am selling it.

I didn't know what size to take into the dressing room. The ones that fit were an 8 petite though. I thought since it was one of the cheap stores, I'd wear a bigger size.

Be happy where you are! There are days I don't feel like eating and don't have much of an appetitie. My weight can go down a bit for a few days when I am feeling like that. Or it will go up if I am upset about something and end up eating some junk. But I weigh every day and I know what I will allow.

I am a happy sleever! whether I am up a couple or down a couple! I really don't pay attention to sizes, only the scale.