Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Argon's Activities

Thanks everyone who's commented so far. :confused:

Green, do you know if you can still get Wellbutrin SR? What are you going to do, if you can't swallow the ones you're taking now at some point?

I don't know. Wellbutrin is part of the array of meds that I am on because of depression, something that runs/gallops in my family! This is scary stuff for me. I think that I will try to swallow the pill and hope that I don't PB it.

I will be having my first fill this Tuesday after a seminar. I do need the fill. My appetite is back! Ugh!

Cool... you'll have to let us know how it goes on tuesday!

I was at the grocery store, stopped at the pharmacy, and asked the pharmacist what Wellbutrin looks like (for size comparison), he brought out some of the 'SR's and they were quite big. Then I asked if he had XL's, which he did... showed me, and I think they're doable. They seem to be the same size, but probably twice as thick as my thyroid pills. So... I'm gonna do it. I at least know what I'm talking about if I ask for XL instead of SR.

I'll have to do this Dr. thing probably within the next couple weeks, cause I need some prescriptions refilled, and only have enough to last that long. I'm almost excited. I hope they do they trick.

Ok, so I was gonna take a picture of my scars to show you what they're looking like 6+ months out, then decided just to take a picture of myself with the same blank stare that I have in my ID picture.. and I did. I wanted to compare my ID picture with what I look like now... and here it is. Apparently I looked like this at one point (back in 2002 when I got this ID pic taken... at maybe 250 lbs.

Who's excited? LOL!

post-206047-1381313419842_thumb.jpg

Holy smokes! You look like a gorgeous zombie in your latest photo. There's a big difference. Congratulations, Argon.

LOL

Mandi!!! I saw that on the General thread first and for some reason I didn't realize it was you!! KEWLNESS!!!!

You look awesome, girl!!!!! That is amazing self-motivation!!!

Tks for sharing!

:)

Thank you guys :) :)

Hey, guess what! I bought the cheapest little tiny slow cooker at Walmart on Sat, and tried it out last night. I am IN LOVE! I made a beef stew, and it was amazing. The meat was sooooo tender... ahhhhhh... now I need to find more and better recipes to try! So feel free to share if you've got any!

Try chicken stew. I make mine with deboned chicken breasts, potatoes, carrots, onions, green Beans and mushrooms. At this time of year the local fruit and vegetables guy sells big, leathery green beans that need a lot of cooking and I use full-sized carrots, not the tiny tender ones. I often use dried mushrooms since they have the time to plump up. Then I add in cream of chicken Soup, salt and pepper. Tough, second-rate vegies are the best; the tender ones tend to turn to mush with all that cooking. You can add cauliflower. That's a tough vegetable. And you can substitute cream of cheddar soup. Sometimes I add celery/toasted almond slivers. I really like the taste of almonds and meat.< /p>

You might also try cooking chili. I use extra lean ground beef, a can of drained and washed kidney beans and a can of chick peas in mine. (The chick peas give the chili a slightly nutty flavour.) I also add in sauteed slivered almonds, lots of garlic, some celery, one carrot finely diced (the sweetness of the carrot makes the tomatoes taste less acid) and black olives. (If you don't like olives, then add salt to taste.) Chili powder and fresh hot peppers to taste, bay leaves and a can of crushed tomatoes as well as a can of stewed tomatoes. It is not yer conventional chili but it tastes very, very good. Oh yah, I sautee the meat, almonds, garlic, hot peppers before adding the other stuff and letting it cook for a very long time.

Re almonds: I am not sure whether almonds are going to work with the band. ??

Mmmmmm, holy crap, green will you marry me????? LOL, or at least keep giving us recipes?

Thank you for the proposal, my darling, but unfortunately my cooking skills are limited to those dishes and a curry. Apart from that I used to live on Pasta dishes that involved a lot of cheese and garlic. Very, very fattening! The only good thing I do is keep to using fresh vegies except for canned Tomato products. My love for cheese and carbs and big portions is a real killer.