Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New from Cincinnati area

Hi to all the Ohio group....RainTreeAcres...I think I met you at his office in Miamisburg. I was with my Daughter, because she and I are doing it together.. If approved by our insurance company. Keep me posted on everything. And Good luck!

I too am from Cincinnati! I had my lap band done 10/30/06 by Dr. Schofield at MRH. Went well and I like her. Have 2 week post op apt on 11/15/06. Have just progressed to Soups and mushy foods. :hungry: Everything seemingly fine. Would love to be someone's e-mail buddy for support if anyone interested:) . Hope all goes well. I have not stepped on a scale since pre-op appt. Starting wt 388lbs.

Best of luck to you!

Pam

Hi ! I am new to the forum and am waiting for approval from my insurance for LB surgery. My info was summitted to Humana 6/30. I am going through Jewish Hospital. Anyone from this area? :nervous

I am from Cincinnati also. I had my LB surgery Oct 12 at Jewish Hospital by Dr. Fegelman.

Hi Everyon,

I'm glad that we have this Ohio section also. It's good to know that there are people close by that are going through the same thing as you are.

Debbie, I think Dr. Shumacher is the greatest, he is so informative and I like his staff also, Jarred is also very helpful. Once they sent everything into the insurance it took about 3 wks. for the approval. I went in the hospital Wed. morning for surgery and left Thursday around 3 o'clock. The first day was a little uncomfortable but it got better each day. I went back to work on the following monday, I work in a manufacturing place, I don't have a sit down job, the first night back seemed so long but I was able to do it with no problem. I heard about Dr. Shu through the Dayton paper. I am not as hungery as before but I have been eating regular foods for about 1 wk and my will power is starting to falter. If I eat to much there is a pressure at the top of my stomach and I belch more. SO this makes me not eat to much.

macdeb59- way to go. doesn't it feel awsome to be losing weight without struggling so much. Are you scheduled for a fill anytime soon? I go Monday and I'll let everyong know how is went.

Lisa

Banded 10/18/2006

First fill scheduled 11/13/2006

Jennifer,

Thinking of you since your surgery. Hope you are doing well !

I am so happy to have contact with people in this area. I am a 45042 zip code.

Hi to everybody in this area ! Nice to meet you all.

RainTree Acres :)

Sac,

hang in there. I was approved by Humana and I have my surgery tomarrow. Please keep in touch.

Sac,

hang in there. I was approved by Humana and I have my surgery tomarrow. Please keep in touch.

Jennifer,

Hope everything is going good for you. I finally have a surgery date and got approval from Humana ! My surgery is scheduled for 12/4/06 ! I am nervous but excited. Take care everyone, Sherrie

Hello OHIO,

Just wanted to say hi and I hope everyone is having a nice weekend:) Jennifer I'm thinking about you and am anxious to here how everything went. Congratulations sac1556!!!:clap2: I know you must be relieved that your insurance approved the lapband. Not much longer, it will be here before you know it. I go tomorrow for my first fill, not really nervious but curious on how it's going to go. I'll let everyone know tomorrow.

Hi everyone,

Lisa, thank's for the info that I had ask you about...How are you feeling now? When you have your first fill let me know how you are doing and if you are not getting hungey at all. That would be my wish ...for myself. LOL Thanks again,

Debbie

Just wanted to say hi to everyone in the dayton area. I havent been on here posting much at all lately due to health issues and work. So glad that there is fineally some from this area that have been banded. I work at Good Sam and take care of the patients post op. Unfortunately our insurance doesnt cover this procedure for us. How crazy is that. To be a banding hospital(mvh, gsh) and not offer it to your employees. Just curious if any of you were self pay and if you would let me know what you have paid or at least a ball park figure. Have considered trying to save the money and go to mexico if it comes down to it.(maybe rob a bank will be quicker). Have heard great things about Dr Curry in cincinnati and have not heard of any of the other drs any of you mentioned from dayton area. I do know that Dr Martin does banding and know him as a regular bariatric surgeon and gen surgeon. He has done some RNY on friends of mine and had regular patients that I have taken care of. Our hospital has a dr sidiqqui or something like that he is in with dr cleary. Please let me know any pluses or minues with the drs you have been to. Thanks again!

Hi NurseTeresa,

Just got my bill from the valley and it was over 23,000 for the hospital alone. I am very thankful for my insurance! Do you have any other conditions such as diabetes, insulin resistance, arthritis, sleep apnea, high BP? You could have your FP send a letter to the insurance co and challenge your insurance company.

At Premier Bariatrics they do have a payment plan through a very low interest loan program. Have you gone to any seminars? You can get that information when you go.

Don't give up!

Debbie

macdeb59

Nurse Teresa,

I used Dr.Kira Schofield at MRH. Had a good experience. I was a self -pay also. Used capitol one healthcare finance. price for band 12,499.00.

Best of luck to you!

Turner24

Debbie It is an exclusion to our insurance so it doesnt matter about all my wonderful list of comorbidities. They refuse period. But thanks anyways. I went to the one with the drs at GSH and to one of their support groups. That is it for seminars. who are the Doctors for Premier Bariatrics? My credit sucks and I dont own a house so I am on a wing and a prayer at this point in time.

Turner24 is MRH Middletown? Thanks for all the information and well wishes. Keep up the fantastic work with your bands.

Nurse Teresa,

My credit sucks too! I used my mom to co-borrow w/me. Maybe someone in your family would co-borrow w/you? Something to think about. This is something to better your health for life! Family will be more apt to help than for something like a car. Yes, MRH is middletown regional hospital. Where do you work? I am also a nurse and work at united healthcare. Even working for an insurance company I couldn't get this covered!!!!! I have only had the band for 14 days. I hope I have lost some when I go for post op appt Wed. I feel like I am definately ready for a fill. I hope I can schedule one soon. I'll be praying for you!

Turner24

Hi everyone, I went for my first fill yesterday, it wasn't bad, just a little prick and then it was done. I gained 3 tenths of a pound, I knew I shouldn't of drank that Iced latte before I went :heh: but I don't think that I'm going to worry about that, I am eating better than before the band and I know that it will come off. I started back at Curves yesterday and it felt good. Now just keeping it up is another story. Oh and about my fill, at first he only added 1cc then he realized that I had the bigger band so he added 3cc more. I thought I could feel the band moving when he added the extra but I'm not for sure. I didn't have any trouble last night with eating or drinking and I did get fuller faster.

I am from Cincinnati also. I had my LB surgery Oct 12 at Jewish Hospital by Dr. Fegelman.

It's nice to talk to someone that has the same Dr. Can you share some of your post-op experience? I'm nervous but excited. :paranoid

So far I've been to one support group meeting and one meeting with the dietician.

Thanks, Sherrie