Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm worried! Am I progressing too quickly?

I am 8 days out from surgery. I have lost 10.4 lbs - YEAH! I am having Protein Shakes, thinned mashed potatoes, pureed ground turkey, pureed Beans, pureed tuna fish, etc. I seem to tolerate it just fine. I take really small bites, chew like crazy and only consume about 2 oz. per meal. I get full. I am able to drink most all my fluids. Am I going to fast?

Hi, if this is your drs post-op guidelines and you are tolerating them, then you are on target. Congrats on being sleeved!!

:)

You lose the most in the beginning, I wasn't able to eat that soon, but everyone is different.

Hi there! Seems like so many surgeons post op guidelines range from super conservative to super liberal with our foods. It also sounds like you are doing quite well.

However just want to throw this out there, it wouldn't hurt you at all if you decided to go back to liquids for awhile. I took my time with moving into new stages by days and weeks. However since you're following your given guidelines that would be completely up to you.

Good wishes!!

Just be sure your physician is ok with it. My surgeon doesn't allow anything thicker than Water for three weeks after surgery to protect the suture line from rupturing. Your guidelines may be different. Just know if your doc only wants you on liquids it isn't out of concern of you 'tolerating" mor e solid food, it is out of concern for the fact that you have a stomach that was cut and restitched and those nerves are numbed. It is to prevent a leak - the stomach moves and churns during digestion. Resting the stomach with thin fluids keeps it from moving much, which protects the stitch line while it is healing.

Yup, when i was 2 weeks out i had lost 20 lbs and at 7 weeks out i had lost 53lb. . . all together now at 17months i've lost 150 lbs. . . and now i'm stablized and am between 5 lbs either way. . won't go down anymore. . . but that is ok, cause i'm happy with myself and am happy with how i look. . . .it's tons better then 350lbs!!!! at least now i can breath! :P

Yea!!! Congrats! I'm almost 3 months post op and I've lost 69 lbs. So I guess it's normal to lose it quick.

OK, fess up! How did you do this? I'm pre op and taking notes.

I don't think you are going too fast. I lost 15lbs my first week and 10 lbs the second. I was sleeved on 8/10. I think mine is pretty extreme. I have followed to the letter all the Dr's directions....was on full liquids until 2 days ago and went to mushies....mash potatoes, cream Soup, etc.

I'm 12 days post op and I've only lost 11lbs depending on the day. Sometimes it's only 10. My diet plan from Dr. is confusing ... at best. So I'm confused & starving 90% of the time. I can only pray that I can pull down the types of #'s you all are stating. Its SOOOOOOO true that every Dr. is different. I really envy everyone else who seem to have it all figured out.

Not feeling the greatest right now. :-(

Sunny it's going to be okay everyone is different I would love to hear your experience with Dr Ramos I am planning on going how much did Trish quote you? you can send me a pM. thanks