Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm very grateful to have found this site prior to any surgery. I am currently in the process of doing seminars (June 6th), scheduling doctor visits (after seminar) and getting ducks in a row with insurance.

I live in Las Vegas and have Aetna PPO insurance. I have already chosen a physician here: Dr Francis W Teng. He performed a cholecystectomy on me in August 2010 and I feel extremely comfortable with him. Also he does still work with his brother in the OR (he's the Anesthesiologist).

Me: I am approximately 6'3'' and weigh 430lb and 36 years old. I really wish I had listened to Dr Teng when he did my gallbladder removal in August last year to go forward with this. But hey, I'm doing it now, right?

Welcome to our family. I believe there are some other peeps who have had Dr. Teng as their surgeon. Hopefully they will chime in.

I think you have made a very good decision on having the sleeve. One of the best decisions I ever made. :D

Good luck and best wishes with the insurance hoops.

Deb B)

I would definitely welcome anyone's perspective, especially Dr Teng's former patients. I think he's the best surgeon for me. I'm nervous with excitement. I feel like I am taking the necessary steps to reclaim my life!! I'm already daydreaming of of the adventures that unlock as a result of the surgery...

I feel good about this.

I was told that Aetna here is requiring six months of the pre-op regimine of counseling, dieting, etc...

Welcome to the forum! I definitely agree that this website is an invaluable resource.

Welcome to VST!!! This is truly a wonderful site! You will find so much great information, advice, and inspiring stories! Good for you that you decided to have the sleeve- better late than never!!!

Welcome. You have a life changing opportunity in front of you. This forum is a great resource and offers lots of support to everyone. I wish you all the best.

:welcome:

Hi, welcome to the forum!! You will get lots of info and support here, we have a great group.

:)

Thank you all. Right now my wife and I just finished looking at a video of a VSG. Very interesting indeed! I can't wait to get going!!!!

Hey I always say better late than never. I too took my time making up my mind. I lurked on this site for 2 years before I made up my mind that I was ready for this change.

Welcome and you will find a lot of information on this site.

Welcome!

It is never too late to change your life in a positive way like getting sleeved!

I am 20 years older than you and was sleeved ONE WEEK AGO! If I did this 20 years ago I wouldn't have gotten VSG and that is the absolutely right WLS procedure for me. Maybe that is why I didn't do this 20 years ago. I never liked the idea of gastric bypass surgery. I don't need or want my intestines rerouted. My food leaves my body fast enough and I sort of thought that intestinal adaptation issue was going to be discovered. Our bodies are pretty, pretty clever at finding ways to grab calories if they are feeling deprived. So if I had surgery 20 years ago I'd be trying to get a revision without an intact pylorus!

I am happy I decided to do this just as co-morbidities were looming large but before they destroyed my health! You are young and vital...this is a great time to rock your sleeve!

Plus VST is the absolutely BEST PLACE for information, advice, pep talks, support, encouragement, recipes, you name it the folks on this site will try and help you out or just listen sympathetically.

Good luck and let us know if we can be of assistance!!!