Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Revision Procedure By Dr. Aceves

I am having my revision done on June 13th by Dr. Aceves. Anyone else scheduled for that day?? I am so excited!!

Hi Patty Sue, You will be leaving the day I get there, my revision is scheduled on the 18th. Good luck.

I am so excited for both of you! The sleeve is amazing and has changed my life!

The same to you! I know this is a good decision, it has happened so fast. None of the waiting for months for surgery! We will have to let each other knwo how things go!!!

Hi Patty Sue, You will be leaving the day I get there, my revision is scheduled on the 18th. Good luck.

I am looking forward to it so much. Thanks for the encouragement!

I feel we are in good hands. I could have the surgery locally for about the same price, but Id rather travel to someone I feel safer with!!!. Dr. Aceves reputation serves him well.

Thank You Becca.... Im nervously excited :)

I have two friends who had the sleeve by Dr. Aceves and they LOVE him. they say the hospital is so clean and everyone is so wonderful. I also have a friend who is a doctor in Seattle and she researched the sleeve like crazy, went to a doctor up there and he said if he was going to have a sleeve he would go to Dr. Aceves. She had it done by him, because she needed to stay up there. But you can't get a better recommendation than from another doctor I think. I am so excited, I go down two weeks from today! My new life starts then!! I shaved my head two months ago for cancer research fundraising, so I started a new life then now I am adding to it with a better body!! Woo hoo!!!! good luck to all of us. God is taking care of us!!! Happy Memorial day

Dr A is the best!! Especially for band revisions. Everything you hear is true. You will be well taken care of and they will tailor your meds / procedure to your specific situation. I met someone from the board while I was down there and we still keep in touch - it's like a little badge of honor going through the surgery together.

Be prepared, though. The recovery time is tough, I found it more difficult than my band recovery. However, the results and long term comfort are so much better. No more port pain, no more food sticking, no more rampant hunger, and you will have VERY consistent restriction from day one.

Good luck!

Ohhh you will ALL love your sleeves!! I had my revision on Sept 15 2010 and so far I'm down 80 Lbs since then. Nearly 90 from my pre op diet and working on 140 Lbs total. :) Best thing I've ever done for myself!!!

For ME the sleeve has been a far better surgery. I'm rarely hungry (VERY RARELY), the weight comes off much faster, the restriction is superb and no more of the monthly surgeon visits... can't beat that at all. :)

All the best to all of you getting sleeved or revised! Keep us updated.

Wow so many with band to sleeve revisions.

Dr Aceves did my band to sleeve revision 3 1/2 months ago. My experience was totally awesome. My husband went with me and I am such a baby with pain he was saying "this is going to be bad". Nope! No throwing up, almost no pain and no dry heaving. I couldn't believe it.

Another girl was there just getting the sleeve and she was doing really good too, then there was a guy there and I felt so sorry for him. He was not feeling too well. I have emailed both of them and they are both doing great now.

I had my band for 4 years and am so glad it is gone. I decided not to be a slave to the scale and the last time I weighed I was 3 months out and down 53 lbs. More than half way to my goal and looking forward to the rest of my life.....

Good Luck to all of you.......

Great!!!! I am excited, I got my check yesterday and will pack tomorrow. WOW it's almost here! See you in Mexico

Patti

We'll be in the hospital at the same time! VSG with dr. Aceves on the 14th. I'll look for you!