Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bad day and NSV's

I had a pretty crappy day today. My shirt had a stain on it, so I had to change what I was going to wear to work. The pants that I had on last week fit last week, this week they are too big. I figured they would still do. I get to work and someone tells me that I need smaller pants because they look like "granny drawers". Wow. So, I started feeling like I don't know how to shop or put together outfits anymore. I'm still trying to pull my shirts down because I'm used to be being longer (plus sized clothes are way longer than non-plus sized ones). Just gotta used to that I guess. The last time I was a size 14 I was like 16 years old. I'm 35 now, so I need to figure out how to be a 35 sexy and still feel comfortable. Plus, all I wanted today was a troth of French Fries. But, I didn't do it. Instead I went to aerobics. That crap about exercising making you feel better is a lie. I still was having a crappy and found myself not working as hard because I just couldn't get into it.

Ended up buying some cute stuff at Walmart (in a size 14 and 12) and I feel pretty comformable. I noticed my shape was changing again, so I decided to measure myself. Here are my new measurements!

Neck: was 16 now 14.5

Waist: was 42.3 now 39

Hips: 44.5 now 42.5

So, what started out as a craptastic day has ended on a brighter note. I'm very proud of the progress I've made, and I guess until I finish this transition I won't find my "style". That's okay, I can wait!

Be easy!

sorry to hear about the suckey day but the nsv were awesome wasn't they.

Well boo to such a sucky day but YAY for Clothes now fitting and buying new ones in such SMALL sizes!!!!! I too have struggled a lot with what my "style" is now. I thought I had decent style for a big girl but it does seems that small clothes seem "younger" then what I might like. I keep telling myself to not just look at it on the rack but to actually try it on because I have found many things that seemed to young until I put them on!! Good Luck girl!

Glad you turned your crappy day around so effectively.

I am totally lost style wise, I'm 31, and have missed out on my teens and twenties due to my weight, so I'm not buying many replacement clothes until I get to goal, BUT the few bits I am buying I now spend a little bit more on, and buy from the shops that don't do bigger sizes just because I couldn't before, and that is naturally leading to a certain style change automatically!

I am also buying the smallest size I can get away with (teamed with good underwear), A: Because it feels better, and B: Because I'm hoping to get the most ware out of things that way!

Enjoy that inch loss, your self image will catch up soon, and there will be no stopping that new sexy 35 year old you! ;)

Hey Shanny, doesn't sound like much of a bad day at all! :) Outstanding on the inches lost!!!

Regarding the longer shirts/plus size - I totally get you on that. I have recently begun to notice a little quirk I've been doing. I will constantly pull my tops down too, and I couldn't understand why. I guess you summed it all up for me, so thanks! I always say, you learn something new everyday.

Here's the strangest thing tho, I purposely go out of my way to NOT buy tops that cover too much of my booty up. Like I wanna show it off or something... :P

Vanity, thy name is woman! (I know it is a misquote of Shakespeare). I am guilty of it too. My daughter bought me some T-shirts for my birthday last month, Got me the mediums because, "I know you don't like your shirts loose". OK, so I like my arms to bulge out of the sleeves a little. Is that a bad thing?

Vanity, thy name is woman! (I know it is a misquote of Shakespeare). I am guilty of it too. My daughter bought me some T-shirts for my birthday last month, Got me the mediums because, "I know you don't like your shirts loose". OK, so I like my arms to bulge out of the sleeves a little. Is that a bad thing?

Not a bad thing at all! As long as you feel sexy, do you!!!! We've all got to do what makes us feel our best. God knows we spent too many years feeling like crap. We deserve this!