Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has someone commented on your weight loss?

I haven't been given any nicknames, just lots of "you look great!" type of comments. I kind of don't like it when people comment on my weightloss, actually. It makes me wonder what they thought of me 70 lbs ago. I went to a salon a week ago and the esthetician commented on how I look like "a woman who obviously takes care of her health." NO ONE would ever say that to me back in the fat days, but really, my lifestyle's not that different.

People have told me I look like I'm 125 lbs. (sigh) and can't believe my weight when I tell them...yayyy!

@Coops and Chilo - I hear ya, it takes time for our brains to catch up with how we really look. I just wanted to tell you both that you have come a long way and I view you both as slender ladies. :)

@Lily - They will come, believe me!!!

On Friday i ran into my student on the way into my building... she said, wow teacher you look hot today! do you have a date today?? That totally made my day!!! biggrin.gif

Hubby calls me slim, which I luv but have to laugh cuz slim, nah not just yet. At work I do hear skinny mini and then you have the haters that say stop losing weight your getting too thin and gonna start to look sick, pssshh whatever, lol

Hubby calls me slim, which I luv but have to laugh cuz slim, nah not just yet. At work I do hear skinny mini and then you have the haters that say stop losing weight your getting too thin and gonna start to look sick, pssshh whatever, lol

Leslie, I have to agree, total haters right there. I don't get a lot of that, but I have gotten that a few times already. I'm like, whatever...

Re the Hubby - that is sooo cool, my hubby said something like that a few days ago, he referred to me as "my skinny wife"... Loved it!!! :P

Ya hubby says their just used to seeing me so big but their big too so I seriously think its jealousy. Oh well they know what to do, hee hee.

Oh also my father in law now calls me string bean, luv itbiggrin.gif

A student calls me skinny mini (but she used to call me that before I ever lost the weight!tongue.gif) I do get "your melting before my eyes" and "WOW! you look fantastic...." An old friend I ran into a couple of days ago noticed I have lost weight and said I look really "healthy" I'm meeting with her to discuss WLS this weekend, she is in for getting it for herself already!

My landlord asked hubby if I am going to be a model... teeth_smile.gif (he is kind of a typical cerimonious middle-aged Italian, but still!)

As I wrote on my status, my friend told me that the amount of weight I lost is the same amount an English female bulldog weighs as an adult... I love this one, I know it might not really sound as a compliment, but it made my day. At least now I can figure how much I lost!

Oh, and then there are people who keep telling me i should stop, because losing so much weight isn't healthy whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif... Yeah, whatever. I answer that I just need to lose another couple of kilos...

All the comments I have gotten have been really polite, and I appreciate it. I don't like people who create nicknames for me, etc. It kind of makes me uncomfortable. But, I like it when someone politely asks if I've lost weight, and then tells me I am looking healthy. I guess I am just sensitive about my weight, regardless of whether it's up or down the scale :-))

I get called skinny a lot. I get a lot of attention from people who have seen me walking every day and have seen the 70 lbs loss over the last nine months.

omg yesterday was my first "outing" since the sleeve...a baby shower in the day and a party at night.....i got a lot of comments...it was overwhelming

I have had a lot of positive comments...i think my insecurity about keeping my surgery a secret from most, has me wondering if ppl are speculating.

One of my male friends asked me "Sam, when was the last time I saw you" to which i replied two months ago laugh.gif

at the party a girl i knew came up to me and said "Hey skinny" which is hilarious cuz i am 280 lbs smh

this guy I know told me I am losing too much weight now dry.gif

My FB is flooded with comments from ppl telling me i look great,

this is just the beginning and so far I LOVE ITbiggrin.gif

My favorite is my roommate saying that I have a SHAPE, a "REAL" shape!!!! I always used to joke that I had a shape before because ROUND is a shape! LOL

Recently I have been hearing, "Girl if you get any smaller the wind is going to blow you away." I just laugh because the funny thing is when I go outside and a strong wind blows, in my mind i feel like I dont have to brace myself for this because im not skinny. In reality I do get jared by the wind. My husband has actually had to reach out to steady me. LOL I think it is great.

One of my co-workers told me "Hey I'm telling you now that I don't want to see skinny jeans at work" and my neighbor (female) said that as I walked into her court yard she can see i'm losing weight because she can see my boobs first and not my belly. Odd but OK, I'll take it. LOL