Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi - can anyone give me ideas of some low carb/fat crackers - looking for something to eat tuna with or Humus?

This is what I have:

http://www.nabiscowo...duct=4400004832

They're really good. :) One serving is 5 crackers I believe.

I am a Trader Joes fanatic - I eat Trader Joes Multi Grain Pita Bites. I can only eat about 4 of them (half a serving). Love them because they have a little Protein and Fiber in them - every little bit helps! I eat with brie, cheddar, or hummus. ALso, they are really crunchy and tasty. Half serving contains:

60 cal

Fat: 1.75

Carb: 9.5 (8 carb net after fiber)

Fiber: 1.5

Protein: 2

Happy hunting!

Lara

I am a Trader Joes fanatic - I eat Trader Joes Multi Grain Pita Bites. I can only eat about 4 of them (half a serving). Love them because they have a little Protein and Fiber in them - every little bit helps! I eat with brie, cheddar, or hummus. ALso, they are really crunchy and tasty. Half serving contains:

60 cal

Fat: 1.75

Carb: 9.5 (8 carb net after fiber)

Fiber: 1.5

Protein: 2

Happy hunting!

Lara

Hmmm those sound really good, thanks!

These can be hard to find but their called Kims Magic Pops, they are like a light puffy cracker. They have 15 cal and 4 carbs per 4 inch cracker. One big cracker is all I need, I put hummus or peanut better or salsa, etc. and they are very satisfying. Reminds me I have to pick some up at the store.

Another Trader Joe's fan here!! I just picked these up yesterday (my first cracker purchase) I was totally debating between these and the Pita chips.

Everything Bagel Chips-YUM!!

half serving is 6 chips: (I did 4 and was content)

Calories: 65

Fat: 2

Net Carbs: 9

Protein:2

Fiber: 1

Well for low-carb you can make "cheese" chips. I haven't made them myself (yet!) but you place little piles of cheese (cheddar and parm seem popular) on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake them until they are melty, pull them out and let them cook and voila! Carb free chips. If you use the side of a cup or something round and "mold" the cheese around them while they cool you can make little taco shaped chips as well.

I think you can make them with low fat or fat free cheese as well.

Special K multi grain crackers

for 17 (little crackers)

90 calories

2 grams of fat

0 cholesterol

190 mg sodium

Carbs 17g

sugar 5g

Protein 2g

I am 5 months out and can NOT eat 17 of them...most of the time 8 is all I eat.

Well for low-carb you can make "cheese" chips. I haven't made them myself (yet!) but you place little piles of cheese (cheddar and parm seem popular) on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake them until they are melty, pull them out and let them cook and voila! Carb free chips. If you use the side of a cup or something round and "mold" the cheese around them while they cool you can make little taco shaped chips as well.

I think you can make them with low fat or fat free cheese as well.

These are my favorites. I never worried about fat content since we need some fat, and these give the best crunch for the least amount of carb consumption. Hard cheese work best like parmesan, and asiago make the best ones in my opinion. You can add all sorts of flavors via different spices. KC Masterpiece makes a barbque sprinkling, and any of the cajun or creole seasonings really make them yummy especially for a quick snack. You can mold them over the bottom of a shot glass to make "cups" to fill with taco meat, or other yumminess when everyone else in your house is eating chips/taco/tortilla shells and you want to enjoy the same dining experience.

Cucumbers are really yummy with hummus as well.

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/snacks/r/cheesecrisps.htm

They sound pretty good, gonna have to give em a try!

What temp do you bake the cheese at?

What temp do you bake the cheese at?

These are an oven-baked version of the Italian frico. It's just basically thin rounds of baked cheese. One of the cool things about it is that they are moldable when still warm. If you drape them over an upturned glass, they will form a cup that you can fill with anything you like. It makes a really nice presentation for a party.Ingredients:

• 1 cup grated hard cheese (such as Parmesean) - NOT the dried powdery stuff

Preparation:Preheat oven to 350 F.

Note on type of cheese: You can use any kind, really, but the results will be different. Hard cheeses, such as Parmesan, Romano, Asagio, etc, will make a crisp "shell," whereas cheddar will be more chewy and "lacey" (the fat separates out), though still firm. Softer cheeses such as mozzerella will not work well.

Toss cheese with any seasonings you'd like -- garlic powder (about half a teaspoon for a cup of cheese), hot pepper powder, even cinnamon. Or leave plain.

Pile 1 to 4 Tablespoons of cheese (depending on the size you want) on a baking sheet covered with a silicone mat or parchment paper oiled on both sides. Flatten the tops so they are in more or less an even pile. There should be at least two inches between smaller mounds, 4 inches between larger ones.

Bake 5 to 6 minutes until they are a light golden brown (they will be a little darker at the edges). It happens fast, so watch carefully.

If you want to mold them into a shape, you want to "drape" them while still warm. You can make cups over an upturned glass, or "taco shell" shapes by draping over any cylindrical object that is at hand (rolling pin, side of glass)

Serving Suggestions: Fill with fruit, dip, salad. Spread flat ones with sugar-free jam (I'm not kidding), or any spread you want, or eat plain.