Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

South East Louisiana and South Mississippi Sleevers

I'm hoping to be sleeved middle of June. I'm from MS but plan on using Dr Redmann in Slidell. If anyone knows anything about this group please share. Also if you've been a pt of Dr Redmann I'd like to hear from you as well. I've met with the nurse practitioner and really liked her. I'll have a meeting with the surgeon once I'm all cleared for surgery from my PCP. I'm a self pay patient and from what I understand I don't have to jump through a zillion hoops to have this surgery (Thank God).

Any info would be wonderful!!! Thanks!

Not familiar with them - but have been dismayed along the gulf coast that NOT more docs do or recommend the vertical sleeve - although when pressed most of the mobile / pensacola bariatric surgeons will admit it is a good approach; but that since most insurances have not adopted it as an approved surgery - they do not promote it. I have been looking closely at Dr Dennis Smith in Marietta,GA - who seems to have a great track record doing the vertical sleeve and I liked his video that he did on youtube which was quite impressive. In addition, I was impressed that Dr Smith is a chemical engineer (MIT grad) - and having worked in hospitals a good bit of my life - I have found that docs that have and engineering background are usually very meticulous about their work!!! which is what I want from my surgeon ....

I met Dr. Redmann yesterday and I feel extremely comforable using him. He was my sister n laws gastric bypass surgeon and she has done great, and at least 7 of her co-workers have used him for their surgery in the past year, without any complications. After meeting him I'm at ease with his skill as a surgeon and his bedside manner. I know I'll be in good hands. Their aftercare is wonderful.

Dr. Avara in Ocean Springs, MS also comes highly recommended. I know 2 people that have used him and they have been very pleased.

Auburn1159 where are you located? You can view their website www.whyweight.com . Its very informative and each surgeon has uploaded a brief introduction video of themselves.

I am using Dr Avara. LOVE LOVE LOVE the office and wouldn't consider going anywhere else. I have been recently approved for sleeve but haven't scheduled the surgery date. I am really stoked to find some southern sister sleevers on here. Hope everyone is doing well!

I am using Dr Avara. LOVE LOVE LOVE the office and wouldn't consider going anywhere else. I have been recently approved for sleeve but haven't scheduled the surgery date. I am really stoked to find some southern sister sleevers on here. Hope everyone is doing well!

Hi MrsSoMiss,

I too am from Ocean Springs! I was sleeved on 14 September 2011 by Dr. Avara. I have had no problems and feel great. This has been an interesting journey for sure! I have been overweight most of my adult life, however, the past couple of years had gotten out of hand. I knew I had to do something. I began with my first visit to the clinic for their intro seminar in November 2010. I had my first visit with Dr. Avara in January 2011 and started my 6 month weight management visits a few days later. Looking back the months flew by and I can't believe the surgery is done and I am on the loser's bench!

I know everything will go great with you to! You are in great hands with Dr. Avara.

I'm set for surgery on April 9th with Dr. Avara. I liked him immediately the first time I saw him. How is everyone in So. MS doing now that it's been several months?

Sent from my iPad using VST