Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

wow am I stuck! help!!

I am gladly taking all advice and help. I am stuck at 193 for 8 days now and furious, what am I doing wrong? Water intake 60-80 ozs daily not including shakes, Protein around 50-60 daily and 600-700 cals daily. What gives? total starvation? For some reason my posts don't generate a lot of reply's, but I hope some of the advanced members will chime in. I really need some support, Thanks

Kelly

Patience my dear, patience. The body is a wonderful thing and when calories are reduced so drastically it pulls a few tricks in order to preserve all the fat that it has so diligently packed away for years by slowing the metabolism and stopping other functions altogether - hair growth and some cell division for example. The body cannot STAY in this "starvation mode" forever or else organ shutdown and eventual death will occur. You are still eating and providing SOME nourishment so the body will eventually resume all it's functions and you will start losing again.

Some people are lucky and this rarely happens, others seem to lose in fits and starts all the way through.

Keep up what you're doing. I am of the firm opinion that there is nothing that you can do to "break" a stall, it just takes time and anything that we do to "break" the stall just happens to coincide with the time that it takes for the body to start to lose again.

Don't get discouraged, just keep up the proper diet and exercise and you will start losing again.

Just be patient. I know that's hard to hear, but it's impossible not to lose on so few calories if you let your body adjust. Some people will tell you to shake things up by drinking more Water, getting more exercise, or eating more Protein but whether you do or you don't the scale will eventually move. I have had several plateaus and then the weight starts coming off again. You are not doiing anything wrong, your body is making changes.

A 1 week stall is very normal, like the other said, have patience! It SUCKS I know I have been there! A lot depends on how far out you are as well. I personally have learned that I MUST get 60+g of Protein EVERYDAY in order see the numbers move on the scale!

Stall suck!!! They happen all the time to most everyone at some point. There is no point at getting furious about it, just keep doing what your surgeon's plan is for you and eventually your weight will drop.

Thanks everyone for the support, I'm hanging in there. It was just one of those mornings and I guess I needed to vent. This too shall pass .:rolleyes:

Kelly

Make sure you're eating enough. It sounds silly but those that keep eating through a stall have better luck because like Rootman said, the body then will let go of it's "stash" easier. Up the Protein and Water and you'll start moving in no time.

Renee`

I usually lose all my weight for the month the week after my TOM. I stall for two weeks and gain for about three days before. Everyone is different. Pay attention to your own body. Step back and look at the long term.