Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week One behind me! Welcome , Week Two!

Good Morning Everybody!

First, let me thank eveyone for all your Hugs and support after my Mother's Day "poor me" post. I am feeling better mentally and physically and actually got out of the house and ran a few errands yesterday!

I do have one question that is a little "stinky". Did any one you suffer from diarrhea after surgery? I was in the bathroom every hour or more yesterday with the poops! Beats me where it was coming from because I sure haven't been eating anything but sugar free this and Sugar Free that! Called the doc to see if it was a normal side effect and the Nurse said "not so much". Other than the fact that it is not much fun to be on the toilet all day...I just don't want to become dehydrated...it's hard enough to get in all the necessary fluids without pooping them out!!!

Other than that, I am spending my time planning my ways to stay on track and to make this a truly successful life style change! Yes, the band failed me, but I also fell back into old eating habits when the good food didn't stay down, sweets and other carbs did! I own that and am ready for the new and improved me...thus the name: time-4-change!

Hope you all have a great Tuesday! I have been off pain meds for 24 hours and think I might make a quick trip out in the car today! Wish me luck and keep up the good work! All of your tickers are very inspiring! I will update mine when I officially weigh in next week!

Hugs to all of you from Sunny Tennessee!

Barb

That's what I thought! I have been downing sugar free popsicles, sugar free Jello, Crystal Lite and even had a sugar free Rita's Ice yesterday (looked at the carbs online after I ate it and found out that it was not a good choice!) Even the pre-packaged Protein drinks have artificial sweeteners...I think I am going with broths today. I have already had an unsweetened cup of apple sauce with a tablespoon of Protein powder today and my tummy is feeling some better!

Thanks for the reply! Barb

The sugar-free this and thats are likely causing the diarrhea. Sorbitol and other articial sweeteners are known to have a laxative effect.

It seems that people have one or the other - either they have diarrhea or they don't poop for a week. Definitely, all the artificial sweeteners will do it to you. Good idea to move to more broth - it also has sodium which will help you retain a little Water. That sounds bad, but it is good if you are worried about dehydration. Once you get to mushies and you start eating yogurt and cottage cheese, you'll see it swing the other way.

Glad to hear you are feeling better. The first month is tough, but the first 2 weeks are specifically hard. Physical and emotional changes are so intense in that time. Rest assured, you will feel more normal in a few weeks. Keep coming back to the board, we're all here for you!

Lara