Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So it started out with me being stubborn, shaking my head no no no. I would not could not have WLS. And then I went to the information seminar and I started to rethink it. The sleeve procedure really spoke to me. It clicked. And then I tried to start the Protein shakes...I made it through 2....Made the mistake of using skim milk and whey powder....don't do this if you are lactose intolerant or lactose sensitive....if you do, stay close to a bathroom. And it got me thinking, if I can't even make it through a day of not eating, of a liquid diet, HOW will I ever do this for 3 weeks pre-op? Now, granted I have not even been to my initial doctor's appointment (June 2nd) so I do not even know if I will have to do this. ..

The thing is...I honestly feel like I am being forced to do this. I understand my family is worried and they don't want me to die....but when people start to push me or force me into something, I dig in my heels and start to resist. The harder they push me, the more I will hold back and block them. I know I should do this WLS for myself, to better myself, so I can watch my daughter grow up....I just feel very conflicted.

*sad sigh*

Hi there Elizabeth, I was able to get through the post op for several reasons. One being that I knew if I didn't I could seriously jeapordize my health! You can get food particles stuck in your staple line and can cause leaks. This is a very serious matter.

Also my appetite was pretty much zero right after surgery. Nothing smelled good, tasted good, sounded good... it for me wasn't that difficult. However some do get physical hunger and head hunger after. Just knowing my above reason, it's best to not give in to temptation. :) HTH

So it started out with me being stubborn, shaking my head no no no. I would not could not have WLS. And then I went to the information seminar and I started to rethink it. The sleeve procedure really spoke to me. It clicked. And then I tried to start the Protein shakes...I made it through 2....Made the mistake of using skim milk and whey powder....don't do this if you are lactose intolerant or lactose sensitive....if you do, stay close to a bathroom. And it got me thinking, if I can't even make it through a day of not eating, of a liquid diet, HOW will I ever do this for 3 weeks pre-op? Now, granted I have not even been to my initial doctor's appointment (June 2nd) so I do not even know if I will have to do this. ..

The thing is...I honestly feel like I am being forced to do this. I understand my family is worried and they don't want me to die....but when people start to push me or force me into something, I dig in my heels and start to resist. The harder they push me, the more I will hold back and block them. I know I should do this WLS for myself, to better myself, so I can watch my daughter grow up....I just feel very conflicted.

*sad sigh*

Well, I'm not going to stand here and tell you this and that either. . . the ultimate decision is yours after all. . . you are a grown woman who has to make this decision yourself. . . however, let me tell you my story. . . i was 350lbs at my heaviest and continued to be this weight for years. . .it bothered me that i couldn't sit comfortably in a plane seat or had to always ask for an extension. . . never mind that i couldn't climb a flight of stairs without killing myself. . . i fought with the WLS thought alot. . . then on Dec 29th 2009 i had it. . . it was the weirdest surgery ever, and you really have to relearn how to drink, eat, and think. . . it's tough, cause one day you can do whatever and then like overnight it's gone and you have to relearn. . . very weird. . .I'm out now almost 2 years and have lost 150lbs. . . i'm happy i lost the weight (Ive stablized at 200 - 205) i'm happy i fit into a plane seat with 8" of seatbelt to spare, I'm happy i can ride a horse again. . . but now i really wish i never had that surgery. . . not that i hurt or anything like that, but i would love to be able to go to a nice restaurant and actually be able to order a meal and not just an appetizer and then yet have to ask for a stupid take out box cause i could only eat 1 or 2 mini raviole or 1 1/2 cheese stick. i would really like to be able to drink something with a meal and not start sliming. . to be able to eat a piece of bread would be nice but oh no. . . i am really used to thinking i can have 1 egg this morning, but i'll have to wait about 30 minutes for coffee, so do i want the coffee first then and then 30 minutes later the egg? Never together cause you'll start sliming. . . it's just petty things i know, but that is my story and just how i feel. . some of us have really good luck and love their sleeves endlessly, some of us don't however . . good luck with your decision