Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started Pre-op diet today. Carbs are Evil!!!

Today I start my pre-op diet. My is made up of Medifast products, which are basically powdered products that you add Water or broth to and microwave. It is low card and high Protein. They taste okay. The dietician said it would be hard for about 3 days while I go through carb withdrawal. She said this diet helps prepare you for your after diet. Well I had no idea what she meant. In fact, I thought she meant it helps to prepare you because of the diet is liquid and it helps to mentally prepare you for an all liquid diet after surgery. NO my friends, that is not it. It helps because it starts the carb addiction and let me tell you I feel awful. I have a headache, lethargic, miserable. I can't believe carbs can do this to you. I'm so glad I'm doing this now and not after the surgery because I'll feel bad enough after surgery. UGH I now hate carbs for this

NO my friends, that is not it. It helps because it starts the carb addiction and let me tell you I feel awful. I have a headache, lethargic, miserable. I can't believe carbs can do this to you.

Carbs are worse than crack. Ok well maybe not, but it sure seems like it when you go through withdraws. Read this http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/ketones-and-ketosis/carbohydrates-are-addictive/ Basically says the same thing you stated; carbs are addictive and require rehab! Thank goodness for the Sleeve and breaking the carb cycle!!

Good luck :)

Ugg that doesn't sound like fun,

I have started my pre-op diet yesterday for my surgery on 4-11-11 and I feel like crap too. I could not even get out of bed today. I have the worse headache and feel dizzy like crazy. I need to know a good Protein drink. I hate the thick creamy kind. Anyone have any suggestions?

Today I start my pre-op diet. My is made up of Medifast products, which are basically powdered products that you add Water or broth to and microwave. It is low card and high Protein. They taste okay. The dietician said it would be hard for about 3 days while I go through carb withdrawal. She said this diet helps prepare you for your after diet. Well I had no idea what she meant. In fact, I thought she meant it helps to prepare you because of the diet is liquid and it helps to mentally prepare you for an all liquid diet after surgery. NO my friends, that is not it. It helps because it starts the carb addiction and let me tell you I feel awful. I have a headache, lethargic, miserable. I can't believe carbs can do this to you. I'm so glad I'm doing this now and not after the surgery because I'll feel bad enough after surgery. UGH I now hate carbs for this

I have started my pre-op diet yesterday for my surgery on 4-11-11 and I feel like crap too. I could not even get out of bed today. I have the worse headache and feel dizzy like crazy. I need to know a good Protein drink. I hate the thick creamy kind. Anyone have any suggestions?

liquid diet day 3 - I'm on high Protein liquids, but more my choice. I've actually been a little weepy. I'm not actually depressed, it just seems my tears are really close to the surface. On the other hand, I haven't felt super hungry since day 1 and then it was more cravings than hungry.

On non thick/creamy Protein drinks - I've been experimenting for weeks. Many folks like the clear Isopure drinks. I don't, but I've noticed that tastes vary wildly. You might try one - you can get them at The Vitamin Shoppe or GNC. unjury makes a chicken Soup protein that's good - a little salty tasting but mostly it tastes like chicken Soup.< /p>

Hang in there! My body is starting to adjust, I think it really is just withdrawal symptoms.

I have been where you are my friend. Once on the day after halloween and I white knucked for 3 days to get past withdrawl. But it does get better after that third day. But yah, carb withdrawl sucks (and I"m going try it myself soon).

Good luck.

Today is only day 2 and I feel that I am doing pretty well with the liquid diet stuff. However I do feel pretty tired. I am hoping to find a drink that I like real soon since Monday is my surgery. Maybe I will go and get an Isopure drink to see if I like it. I broke down today and had a small bowl of mashed potatoes. I do not feel to badly for it though. You just can't take a heavy person and just throw them into a liquid diet. It is a crazy idea. But i am doing well..

Liquid diet day 3 - I'm on high Protein liquids, but more my choice. I've actually been a little weepy. I'm not actually depressed, it just seems my tears are really close to the surface. On the other hand, I haven't felt super hungry since day 1 and then it was more cravings than hungry.

On non thick/creamy Protein drinks - I've been experimenting for weeks. Many folks like the clear Isopure drinks. I don't, but I've noticed that tastes vary wildly. You might try one - you can get them at The Vitamin Shoppe or GNC. unjury makes a chicken Soup protein that's good - a little salty tasting but mostly it tastes like chicken soup.

Hang in there! My body is starting to adjust, I think it really is just withdrawal symptoms.

Today is my 4th day and I feel so much better, each day got better but today I feel good! And not only do I feel good, I feel like I can really do this. I did some cheating on day 2 as well but I stuck to low carb stuff, my thing was cheese. I just ate a little bit of shredded chedder, it really hit the spot and I didn't add any carbs. We Can Do This!!!

Good for you that you have made it through the 3 day cycle. I find myself continually having to re-break the carb addiction as I go through a long pre-op period and I know how truly hard it is. Congratulations! Tell those carbs where they can go!