Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BarbraC and her New Band

Today is the day!!!!! Good Luck and my prayers are with you and your surgeon. I know Leona will let us know how you are running around this evening after getting your new equipment. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Soooo, I just got a call from my dad and she is in recovery with a successful surgery! Apparently, they are sending her home at 11am... and she should have a room at 10:30am for a half hour... I think its weird, but that's what he said about it... So she spends 6 hours in the hospital lol. Lucky her!

Congrats Barbara C and hope you loose, loose, and loose. So glad to hear everything went well. I think we all have this little worry in the back of our head, or at least I have had until we're in recovery and they say everything went fine.

Get's lost of rest and don't over do it.

Sherri

OK... my dad misunderstood the nurse so he was wrong about letting my mom go today (I thought that was weird)...

I just talked to her and she said that she had some pain right after the surgery, but is doing well now!

She'll be there tonight and is planning to be discharged around 11am tomorrow. So everything should be good! It's been a long night last night and a long day today for all of us (no one slept well in our house last night), but it seems she is pulling through! Thanks for all your support!!

That's great Leona! I am so glad your Mom did so well with the surgery. Yep, I was in pain too that first day, but they gave me good drugs that I could get with the push of a button,

She's up and about much more today... says that today is the best day so far... anddddd I just helped her take her first shower! So I would say she is doing pretty good. She was in a LOT of pain the first 2 days from the gas... the nurses said the gas-x wouldn't really help because the gas was in her body, not her stomach, and it would just have to release itself... but she is much better now. ok.... well, she thanks everyone for their support and good wishes! :Banane56: I'm having a problem right now though... my EKG came back abnormal and they say that they right side of my heart isn't pumping properly and I have an irregular heartbeat, so I have to see the cardiologist tomorrow to get cardic clearance... wish me luck, I might not be able to have the surgery! :)

A little info on my surgery. I am feeling m,uch better now and thanks to all who prayed for me. Now I get to worry about my daughter and her surgery.

St Agnes hospital in Baltimore was the greatest. The nurses could not have been better. Every time I rang the buzzer they were there with smiles on their faces. I arrived at 5:30 for my 7:30 surgery. But since all my pre-op admitting paper work was not in the computer, the nurse had to put it all in and she said that pre admitting was going to hear about it. I was told later that my surgery was late getting starting because of it. After that I was given some happy juice. I arrived in the operating room and they used some type of air mattress that moved me from one bed to the operation table. It was so cool and the move was efferent less. After surgery I was told I was not breading deep enough and my oxygen levels were low. The nurses kept telling to bread deeper and soon that was OK, however I had problem breathing on sleeping on my back. Then I was taken to my room and at 11 AM I was up and walking. The nurses said I was doing great to get our of bed so early.

I felt like crap for the first 2 days lots of gas pains. I kept asking myself “WHY DID I DO THIS!!” On the second day I had the X-ray to see if the Fluid was going through. It was neat to see the band inside if me. It took like 45 minute for the Fluid to start moving through and the Dr doing the test said the band looked good and it was usual for the band to do this. He told me think about eating because it happens when one is not hungry.

I did run a slight fever but it did not keep me it the hospital. Today I am sore like I was pounced in the stomach. My DH was great too. He stayed at the hospital which was unusual for him. He hates hospitals. I was able to come home at 5PM on Tuesday. I had a rough time sleeping went from the recliner to the bed, back and force until I finally was able to sleep. Today I feel a lot better and have been doing the same thing going from the recliner to the bed, back and force. Well at least the bad part is over for me anyway.

Yeahhhhhh BarbaraC:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: Finally!!!! I am so happy that your surgery is over and everything went well. Now on you are on your way to the best you, you can be.

:)

Barbara, I am so glad the surgery went well and you are on the road to recovery. Isn't the staff at St.Agnes great? I felt very well taken care of and I am sure you did too.

You might want to try the GasX and see if it helps. I felt relief when I took it.