Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Beware of BElighter!!! No kidding.

Ok folks, hubby and I made the trip to Monterrey MX on Thursday. We get to the airport and nobody is there to pick us up, so we wait around for a couple hours, starving because we were still NPO since midnight for all our labwork. We finall get the pesos to dollars thing kinda figured out so we take a taxi...dear Lord...a taxi...during rush hour thru Monterrey. THat ride took about an hour. So when we got to the hospital we had information sent us to the Hotel floor, where the sweet little receptionist cannot find our names on any paperwork. She calls Dr. de le Garza at home and gives me the phone. I tell him my and my husbands names and that we are scheduled for surgery in the morning. He to me he had never even heard our names before. Turns out the bimbo we we working with in the US didnt sent the Dr. any info at all. And we had already paid her $4000 deposit. Dr. de la Garza was fantastic though. He called the poor excuse for and assistant he has here in the states and got all our info, had his very nice assistant in Mexico take us to admissions, then on to the ER to do all our labs and schedules us in for a last minute band for both of us. HOW AWESOME IS HE!!!! SO,...in spite of the huge, very scaryF-up on Belighters part, Dr. dela Garza made everything right and all went perfectly. If only the contacts in the US were half as eager to take care of their customers as the contacts in Mexico are this would have been an alla round great experience. BUT...at least we are in bandland now!!! I am tripping over 7lbs down since the day we flew out. I want food though....really really bad!!!

Congratz on your surgery!!! I can't wait to be there myself! Sorry there was a mess up with the coordinators, but it sounds like you have a great doctor. I hope you have fun in Monterrey!

Wow, thank goodness they fit you in! To have spent all that money to get there and not have surgery, I would have been one VERY angry customer. I guess he knew that there'd be repercussions if you didnt get your surgery and I guess he also knew how much it means to people.

I used Belighter back in July of 2005. They took care of everything and there was someone waiting for me at the airport in Monterrey. I also used Dr. de la Garza and he was great.

I am now 7 pounds short of goal after 1 year and I feel great.

So, maybe things have changed at Belighter since then but all I can say is good things about them.

John - Banded 7/14/05

288/195/188

Ok folks, hubby and I made the trip to Monterrey MX on Thursday. We get to the airport and nobody is there to pick us up, so we wait around for a couple hours, starving because we were still NPO since midnight for all our labwork.

I love dr. de la garza. he has a new cooridinator (as of may). her name is georgina. she replaced nina. was the mess up with her?

cindy

You NEVER SPOKE WITH YOUR SURGEON before going to Monterrey?

Huh?

I mean, I'm glad it all worked out but . . .

I wouldn't have trusted my health (and life) in the hands of a surgeon who had never even heard of me 24 hours before surgery. Uh uh.

Hello Guys,

I just wanted to put my experience in here too! I had Dr De la Garza too but I went through a completely different process. I actually went through the hospital instead of going through someone in the US. There is a patient coordinator named Stephanie who actually replaced Georgina and Nina. They have their own website litenfree. I had a wonderful experience, and everything was handled perfectly. I got all of my questions and everything set up by Stephanie, and then when I got there, I met her and she took care of me from there. I had an awesome experience, I am sorry to hear that some of you haven't. If you are really considering surgery and you have any questions or want to know more about my experience please email me at molliebeth.smith@yahoo.com, I would love to tell you.

Mollie

Ok folks, hubby and I made the trip to Monterrey MX on Thursday. We get to the airport and nobody is there to pick us up, so we wait around for a couple hours, starving because we were still NPO since midnight for all our labwork. We finall get the pesos to dollars thing kinda figured out so we take a taxi...dear Lord...a taxi...during rush hour thru Monterrey. THat ride took about an hour. So when we got to the hospital we had information sent us to the Hotel floor, where the sweet little receptionist cannot find our names on any paperwork. She calls Dr. de le Garza at home and gives me the phone. I tell him my and my husbands names and that we are scheduled for surgery in the morning. He to me he had never even heard our names before. Turns out the bimbo we we working with in the US didnt sent the Dr. any info at all. And we had already paid her $4000 deposit. Dr. de la Garza was fantastic though. He called the poor excuse for and assistant he has here in the states and got all our info, had his very nice assistant in Mexico take us to admissions, then on to the ER to do all our labs and schedules us in for a last minute band for both of us. HOW AWESOME IS HE!!!! SO,...in spite of the huge, very scaryF-up on Belighters part, Dr. dela Garza made everything right and all went perfectly. If only the contacts in the US were half as eager to take care of their customers as the contacts in Mexico are this would have been an alla round great experience. BUT...at least we are in bandland now!!! I am tripping over 7lbs down since the day we flew out. I want food though....really really bad!!!

I know what you mean...i was treated poorly by Dr. Rumbault's U.S. staff, but I know the MX staff is Much nicer...anyway, it got so bad...they even insulted me over the phone...so I changed docs and now my surgery will be in Mexicali instyaead. The people there are soooooooooo sweet!!! I am sure Dr. R is excellent, but the staff here inthe U.S. ruined it. I'm glad things turned out Ok. for you!!!

I had my surgery with Dr. de la Garza and the patient coordinator was Stephanie. They took very good care of me including the Dr. coming to visit me a couple of times to see how I was doing. Stephanie took great care of me from beginning to end. Even the person who picked me up at the airport was there waiting for me and very pleasant.

My daughter is scheduled for a fill with Dr. de la Garza and I'm trying to come up with the money to do the band while she is there. Fun, fun, fun.

Our experience with everthing has been wonderful. I am a diabetic and had forgotten my insulin and Stephanie took me to a farmacia and helped me buy some.

Sandra

I also used Dr. de la Garza and Stephanie. I went through Lite N Free. Everything went perfectly and both Stephanie and Dr. de la Garza were awesome. I'm not sure about BeLite, but if you choose to go to Mexico, I recommend going through Lite N Free.