Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Super Frustrated!

Okay, I love my sleeve. I'm already 1/2 way to my goal after only 7 weeks post op. I work out 7 days a week. I do 20-30 minutes on the treadmill, and 30-45 at home, either on my gazelle or I do either Tae Bo, 30 Day Shred, or 6 Week Abs 3 days a week. Whatever I'm doing, I'm mixing it up and getting a great workout in. Now, I'm losing about 2-3 pounds per week. My body is getting smaller, I can tell because my scale is moving and my clothes fit differently. Here's where the frustration comes in...

I've lost 56 pounds, yet I'm still in a size 18. My waist is much smaller, as are my thighs. My stomach and hips, however, are smaller, but are still the largest part of me. All of my size 18 pants are too big in the waist and legs, but any size smaller is too tight on my hips and stomach. It's like I can't get a 16 past the biggest part of me to fit the other part of me. It's the same problem I had before the surgery. I don't know what else to do to make my stomach and hips get smaller so that I can actually buy pants that fit.

I think I can still speak from my personal experience!! while I am still not sleeved just banded:)

Well, I have been going through this , had my all body went down except for this area! which was bugging me! I even remember I signed on for the biggest loser (paid) forums to ask Bob there with a picture pointing to my (unshrinking area) and his response was that It WILL GO AWAY!!

I like u , exercise a lot!! and tried to target this area by doing specific moves and work out but believe me! NOTHING WORKS!! it will just be that part that one day u will waking up feeling its starting to go away!

I also had a huge belly problem, now I am seeing great difference.

So my advice is to keep mixing ur exercise as u are doing and to start taking it up a little every month.. U use treadmill? try the elliptical too!! It shed this part away!! BELIEVE ME!

I also had an advice from my trainer back in the states about my belly fat! he told me that it will just melt away while u are heading to ur goal! stressing about them will just bring u a step back! just work ur intensity up 1-2 day a week and go back to intermediate intensity!

CARDIO CARDIO CARDIO! was my key!!:))

hope this helps and best of luck!!

AND CONGRATS ON UR AMAZING WEIGHT-LOSS!!

Edited to add: I had my pants handed to a tailor:S to be able to wear them!! I am sorry it is a lil bit frustrating but trust me!! I no longer need the tailor! I can purchase a normal 16 size pants now !! so just keep it up :)

also We had a clicnic providing special care for special part in ur body u dont seem to have any luck losing the fat around them! I dont believe in such procedure but its been going on for so long now.. they inject ur parts with special meds that helps burn those fats.. I even find it promoted on the DRS. show! check them out but I personally prefer if u wait and just keep exercising:)

Getting the right fit is a pain sometimes! You sound like you are doing great though. You might need to find a local taylor to take in the waist on your pants to get a better fit... Don't be turned off by the number, it sounds like you are losing great! Just keep up the good work and your body will find its own unique shape as it changes. Sounds like you just might be a classic "hourglass"! I on the other hand, I do not have a waist. oh well!

I am also experiencing this... I has lost over 40 pounds but still fit into an 18 and tightly into a 16. I use the eliptical(sp?) 3 times a day for 50 mins. But I think my stomach is starting to shrink. I lost a lot of weight in breast, butt, thighs, and legs so I think my body realize that the stomach is the next best place. I am 10 weeks out today and still can't see a major difference besides the numbers on the scale. My Easter goal is 230 or below. I am going to post a before and after pic (of different areas of the body) to see if I see a difference.

Congrats on ur weight loss:)

Well if u engage some lunges and squats with ur awesome elliptical regimen it will really starts to pay off in this particular area!!

Also I find spinning to be a great help:)

Best of luck!!

Unfortunately, I think this is a matter of genetics. I have the exact same problem!! My stomach requires a size 18 and the rest of me is a 14/16. For me, the stomach is always the last thing to go. The last time I weighed myself I was 180. At that weight, I should be getting into 16's but I still haven't gotten there yet. FRUSTRATING, but I know that is how I lose. Try to enjoy the rest of your body slmming down.

Also, I found the jeans at Torrid are made with slimmer legs and are very flattering. I always get low rise jeans (they are cut wider at the waist) and look for a slim leg (not curvy leg) cut. But, I still wear an 18 :-)

Try not to focus on the size number - they mean nothing!!

COngrats on your success!

Lara