Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Road to "TWOterville"

Well it seems there are several of us who are currently trying to get to twoterville. So if you are one of us trying for it please tell us your goals and we can support each other as we try to get our tricksy scales to be nice and cooperative.

Hi there! My name is Lisa and Iam part of the June Band Crew(I was banded on June 13th and have lost 62 pounds) and Iam 28 pounds from seeing 200. I have not seen that number since I was 20 years old in 1990!

So please count me in......:)

Love and Hugs,:kiss2:

Lisa

Hi there! Iam Lisa aka LeeceLove 70. I was banded on June 13,2006 .

Let me tell you about me:

My birthday is Jan 6, 1970 (hence the 70 in the username).

I have been married to my hubby for what will be 5 years on March 27th of this year and have an adorable 4 1/2 years old son Andrew. I was born and raised in New York(North East Bronx-Country Club Section).

My hobbies are reading books -- Barnes and Nobles is getting rich with me -lol I love going to concerts - The best I saw recently was Billy Joel at Madison Square Garden in February of 06- he did 3 hours non stop!

I have been fat since I was 5 years old and growing up I was on every diet there was. I never made lifetime on Weight Watchers but I sure did spend enough over the years to get lifetime membership!

I even tried Overeaters Anonymous a few times for my eating disorder of Compulsive Overeating. The most I lost was 35 pounds on OA's HOW program.

I also suffer from depression and I went through a breakdown in June of 2005 after my best-friend of over 10 years decided to end our friendship from pressure and abuse she was suffering from her husband. ( Thank God she got help and we reconnected and our friendship is stronger now!)

I admitted myself to a hospital for a week and got put on medication and received help for my depression. I was finally diagnosed correctly with Bipolar 2 in October of 2006.

A year to the date I had my LapBand surgery and it was the best thing I ever did for myself!

I have regained my life, my self-esteem and self-respect! My depression is under control and I see my therapist every other week and doctor once a month.

Iam not perfect, but Iam progressing!

I have lost 62 pounds with my LapBand with one fill in October and then a much need unfill on Feb.8th and it has not been easy! Someone once told me, "Nothing Worth Fighting For Is Ever Easy", well this is one of them .... IAM FIGHTING TO GET RID OF MY OBESITY!

The past 8 1/2 months have not been easy and the old cravings have been there, but I keep watching what I eat and only drink Water and Crystal Lite. I have started exercising alot more with dance DVD's at home and we just joined Planet Fitness a gym in our neighborhood( We finally got winter here in NY with a snow/icestorm on Valentine's Day so I do alot more indoor exercise now!). I miss my outdoor walking but right now its way to icy outside to enjoy my walks:think .

I am a member of the June Banders Crew since I was banded in June and they are a very supportive group. The only thing is none of them are from New York and I was happy to see some New Yorkers in this group! Please keep in touch with me those who are from NY, I would love to hear from you, its so lonely when there is none out there from your region!

Iam hoping to meet alot more friends as we all are on our journey to that magic 200 number!

Love and lots of hugs,:)

Lisa

Hi Lisa and welcome, you are actually almost to wonderland which is great! :clap2: We started out as a group trying to get out of the 3's and into the 2's and have progressed to also include those making there way through the 2's so you fit right in :) There is a tax day challenge and there is at least one person in our little group who's goal will put them in onderland if they make it :(

No change for me today, but I am sticking to the program so even if the scale doesn't show it yet I know I am losing those pounds, just need to wait for them to exit, hehe. I have been doing 600-1000 cal's a day to get in my protien and some veggies and fruit. I wish I could stand to eat tuna without the mayo, but it's just to dry and too bleh wothout it. Low cal mayo is too disgusting for me, any ideas other than mustard? I have already thought of that and am gonna try it today :)

I tried that today :mad: One can makes three meals for me, lol. Mixed it with a little mayo and some relish, turned out yummy :) It's nice cause it's so moist in needs very little mayo

Name.............................Starting……..Curre nt……..Goal……..To Go

Juliegeraci.......................238............. ...... 238.................228.............10

Lapbandit.......................231............... .....231………….199.............32

Waterlily.........................300............. .......294.................264.............30

Roiansmom.....................299................. ...299.................270.............29

Libra...............................248........... .........245.................228.............17

JulieNYC........................212............... .....209.................185.............24

Elisabethsew....................282............... .....279.................264.............15

PeaCeJ............................338............. .......338.................318............20

RidinMyHDDream...........297.....................297.................281............16

Babygirl1234................... 260................ ...260.................240.............20

Leecelove70.....................228....................228.................200............28

I think we're all listed now and I think this reflects the most current stats. Welcome to Lisa.

Juliegeraci.......................238............. ...... 238.................228.............10

Lapbandit.......................231............... .....231………….199.............32

Waterlily.........................300............. .......294.................264.............30

Roiansmom.....................299................. ...299.................270.............29

Libra...............................248........... .........245.................228.............17

JulieNYC........................212............... .....209.................185.............24

Elisabethsew....................282............... .....279.................264.............15

PeaCeJ............................338............. .......338.................318............20

RidinMyHDDream...........297.....................2 97.................281............16

Babygirl1234................... 260................ ...259.................240.............19

Leecelove70.....................228............... .....228.................200............28

Okay I had to change mine since my wiegh in day is monday and I am down another pound.

OK my weight day is tuesday! One week since my fill and.......

down 8lbs total this week :clap2:

Waterlily.........................300............. .......292.................264.............28

RidinMyHDDream...........297.....................2 97.................281............16

Babygirl1234................... 260................ ...259.................240.............19

Leecelove70.....................228............... .....228.................200............28

WOW! Molly, you're kicking butt right now! I'm trying...I'm trying... I gotta catch up! Great job! You guys keep me on my toes and out of the fridge!

Wow Lapbandit, I jsut looked at your totals so far from your preop diet, you are amazing, I am the one trying to catch up to you. I think you were banded like a week after me, I know we were the same month. You have lost 100lbs more than me! You are the one who has kicked some serious butt girl!

Thanks Molly. I am really proud of my progress so far. We've got quite a team on this thread...we're all doing awesome!

Well, I hope everyone is getting a break from the chilly weather. We are enjoying temps in the 50's this week and I'm LOVING every minute of it. I hope it lasts!

Just reporting in for Thursday. Had my first fill this week. Haven't been sick but seems like everything I try to eat hits that 'do not pass go' spot. The fill was on Tuesday. Does this pass after awhile? If not I may need to raise my goal because I won't be eating anything...lol

Waterlily.........................300............. .......292.................264.............28

RidinMyHDDream...........297.....................293.................281............12

I have not been doing well since I had to be unfilled due to extreme stress(My hubby had a health scare with his heart and I almost had a slippage with my band). Since I was unfilled on Feb.8th I have not weighted myself at home. Yesterday I started a one week Bariatric starter kit ( Since yesterday was Ash Wednesday for us who are Catholic and it was my way of doing my fasting!)it consist fo the 5+1+1 plan. Its the 5 Protein Shakes a day + 1 Protein Bar a day and then 1 Protein meal day of 4-6 oz of protein with 1 cup of starch and 2 cups of green vegetables.

I got on my home scale was shocked to see that I gained 5 pounds since my unfill!:omg: I have been so out of control with my eating and I actually took Fat Tuesday literally!-lol I had went from my highest of 290 down to 228 which was 62 pounds. Iam still doing well at 233 from the 290 with a 57 pound loss, but what a blow-- 5 pounds!:think

This so bothers me since after surgery up until October I was not filled and I had lost 40 pounds with just my band on my own. I hope that now that I have stepped up my exercise more and I have started this one week plan that i can get back on track.

I worked so hard and I never want to go back to that miserable 290 pound woman ever again!

Love and Hugs to all,

Lisa