Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Road to "TWOterville"

Thanks for the welcome!!!!!

I am all for a loss of pounds and gaining of a refund. I am a bit of a band virgin since it has only been two weeks so hopefully some of you veterans can give me some good advice. I am anxiously awaiting my first fill, which will not be until I am at least 4 weeks, since I have virtually no restriction at the moment. I have healed up pretty well and I feel pretty good. Hubby is buying me a treadmill tonight and I am uber excited about that. Never thought I would be one to be excited about a piece of fitness equipment but I really want to get walking and the mall is not doing it for me in this frigid cold weather.

Well I felt like a band virgin till I had restriction, lol. But seriously we will help anyway we can :) And boy am I jealous of the treadmill, lol. I have an aversion to excersising in public and no room for any equipment at home, sigh, someday.

I am glad you don't mind my chatter.......

'cause I lost another pound today :clap2:

I agree with Molly, it took forever for me to get restriction but I learned to speak up. There is a difference when you lose weight BECAUSE you're seriously dieting and when you lose weight because you are seriously dieting AND have the band working with you to optimize weight loss. Until my January fill, the weight I lost was NOT related to the band.

Babygrl, feel free to ask any questions and we'll do our best to help you out. Do you have the 10 cc band?

I second wanting Spring to arrive. Long Island is like an ice sculpture and I hate the cold. I can't wait to be outside again planting flowers and enjoying the sun and warm temps.

I can't wait for the weather to be nice so I can send the kids outside to play, they get so crazed when they have to stay inside most of the time, geez, anyone have any clagon?

I have whatever is the most popular band in the US. Not the big one but the other one.

I have no problem speaking up. I am actually in a pretty unique situation since the bariatric coordinator where I had my surgery done is actually used to work in the OR with my Mom (both nurses). So she has known me since I was a little baby. She has been awesome about getting everything taken care of for me and my road to actually getting the band was smooth sailing. SO I will have no problems talking to her or the doctor.

Update!!! Yay!!

Welcome babygirl! We'll give you the best advice we can. This place was so helpful to me...and still is.

Name.............................Starting……..Curre nt……..Goal……..To Go

Juliegeraci.......................238............. ...... 238.................228.............10

Lapbandit.......................231............... .....231………….199.............32

Waterlily.........................300............. .......300.................264.............39

Roiansmom.....................299................. ...299.................270.............29

Libra...............................248........... .........246.................228.............18

JulieNYC........................212............... .....209.................185.............24

Elisabethsew....................282............... ......282.................264............18

PeaCeJ............................338............. .........338.................318............20

RidinMyHDDream...........297...................... 297................281.............16

Babygirl1234...................260................ ......260..................240............20

UPDATE !!!

Name.............................Starting……..Curre nt……..Goal……..To Go

Juliegeraci.......................238............. ...... 238.................228.............10

Lapbandit.......................231............... .....231………….199.............32

Waterlily.........................300............. .......296.5..............264...........32.5

Roiansmom.....................299................. ...299.................270.............29

Libra...............................248........... .........246.................228.............18

JulieNYC........................212............... .....209.................185.............24

Elisabethsew....................282............... ......282.................264............18

PeaCeJ............................338............. .........338.................318............20

RidinMyHDDream...........297...................... 297................281.............16

Babygirl1234...................260................ ......260..................240............20

Well everyone...I just had to share that yet again chicken has been a villian in my life! What is it about chicken that causes me so much trouble some times? It hurt SO bad! Even after I pb'ed my chest still throbbed for about an hour. It really messed up my dinner schedule. By the time I was able to eat again it was 9PM and I was hesitant to eat anything too solid so I had Cereal. (I know...a bowl of carbs at 9PM isn't a good thing.) Oh well. I just had to share my love/hate relationship with chicken!

I hope everyone else's dinner wasn't as "fowl" as mine, ha ha!

Chicken has very little fat in it. Beef tends to have fat running throughout it. Because chicken is low fat and can tend to be fiborous and dry, try eating fish with some Tomato sauce on it or with some salsa or something else you like. Put a small amount of chicken with the "something else" and eat them together. It prevents you from taking too big a bite and helps to break down the chicken.

I have devised a way of cooking chicken that makes it super tender. Ok 2 ways. For regular chicken, I boil it for 2 hours, then add to whatever dish I am cooking either whole or cut up (it breaks apart nicely). For wings and drummettes I bake them slowly for 2hours on 250, You can use any kind of sauce or marinade for nice flavor. My faves are soy sauce, teriyaki and bbq.

Thanks everyone :) I know I will weigh again in the morning cause I just can't help it. Just knowing it will be even lower even if by only a half pound. I was on that stinking plateau so long I forgot what it felt like to lose.