Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confused about food intake

Hello everyone,

I am one week post op today and can finally move from Clear liquids to full liquids, which means I can have cream Soups or Soups that have put through the blender. My confusion is about how much am I suppose to be aiming to get in. Am I suppose to meausure out a certain amount and only eat that? Or am I aiming to eat the can even though is may take three hours to do it? I am just confused moving from shakes to soups because I can get down an 8oz. Protein shake in about 1 1/2 hours but am I aiming to eat 8oz. of Soup? It is still all new and confusing to me. Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated and any ideas of store bought soups that you have found that have done well with your sleeve thus far would also be appreciated. Please don't pay attention to my ticker as I told myself I wouldn not be weighing in until my two week post op doctor visit. Thanks everyone!

The first week I was out for surgery I worked on getting my Water in.. Hydration is soo critical..Try to get your 64 oz of Water in(you can do that too with Soup broth) At the end of the 1st week I started adding Protein.. You have to understand that your shake if it is made with water counts as water. I took the combined water from the shakes and with all the other liquids I gott for the day to equal 64 ounces. If you get a little more water than thats ok.. this is just my opinion

Hello everyone,

I am one week post op today and can finally move from Clear Liquids to full liquids, which means I can have cream Soups or soups that have put through the blender. My confusion is about how much am I suppose to be aiming to get in. Am I suppose to meausure out a certain amount and only eat that? Or am I aiming to eat the can even though is may take three hours to do it? I am just confused moving from shakes to soups because I can get down an 8oz. Protein shake in about 1 1/2 hours but am I aiming to eat 8oz. of Soup? It is still all new and confusing to me. Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated and any ideas of store bought soups that you have found that have done well with your sleeve thus far would also be appreciated. Please don't pay attention to my ticker as I told myself I wouldn not be weighing in until my two week post op doctor visit. Thanks everyone!

My one week was Monday. I'm only able to get a few onces of soup down before I fill up. Sometime I have to reheat it several times just to get those few onces down. Don't worry about the amount. you won't be able to eat to much unless you just sit and sip on it all day long. I would say think of eating a meal in 30 minutes. Give yourself 30 minutes to eat your soup, if you are like me you won't be able to consume much. And remember to use small amounds or a baby spoon for a while.

With my Protein Shakes (I'm like you), I kind of sit around and sip on them for a while. I start one in the morning while i'm getting ready for work, that same shake goes with me to drop off my son at school (20 min. away) and I still have about a 1/3 of it when I finally show up at my office. So from about 7 am till 9 am I'm sipping on my first Protein Shake. I have about 30 mins worth of soup at lunch (noon), then around 2:30 I make another Protein Shake that will last me till around 4pm. I have another round of soup about 7pm. and around 9pm I have about 1/3 of a serving of Protein shake just to get me thru the night. Wake up and do it all over again....:D

Hope this helps...... we all do it different depending on life style, family, home, work etc. Just do what feels good and stop when you start to burp. That's when I know i've had enough. :P Good Luck!

Everyone is different. I had only two days on clear. Day three through week four is full liquid for me. Granted I was just sleeved on Monday 3/7. So this period is a touch and feel time. I do drink 8 ounces of Protein shake. Can take almost an hour to drink. I then wait a few hours try to get in a couple of ounces of Soup, Water all the time. The gas causes feeling of fullness / pressure. So have to be careful of that. I'm still in the learning stages myself.

Deb

Hello everyone,

I am one week post op today and can finally move from clear liquids to full liquids, which means I can have cream Soups or soups that have put through the blender. My confusion is about how much am I suppose to be aiming to get in. Am I suppose to meausure out a certain amount and only eat that? Or am I aiming to eat the can even though is may take three hours to do it? I am just confused moving from shakes to soups because I can get down an 8oz. Protein shake in about 1 1/2 hours but am I aiming to eat 8oz. of Soup? It is still all new and confusing to me. Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated and any ideas of store bought soups that you have found that have done well with your sleeve thus far would also be appreciated. Please don't pay attention to my ticker as I told myself I wouldn not be weighing in until my two week post op doctor visit. Thanks everyone!

Listen to your stomach. My Nut said eat around 1/8th cup at a time, but I could eat more for sure.