Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay, this is getting ridiculous!

I am getting really, really discouraged. The first three weeks after surgery I lost about 6 lbs. a week. In the last 9 weeks I have lost only 4 lbs.total. Twelve weeks after surgery my total loss is 22 lbs. What the heck am I doing wrong?

I monitored my eating for four days to be sure of what I suspected--that I am eating no more than 800 calories a day. How can I not lose on that many calories a day? My nutritionist tested my resting metabolic rate and said I burn 1800 calories a day at rest.

What the hey is going on here? I will say I do not eat especially low carb, but do I really need to with that few calories?

Help, somebody. Did I go through all this in vain?

I am getting really, really discouraged. The first three weeks after surgery I lost about 6 lbs. a week. In the last 9 weeks I have lost only 4 lbs.total. Twelve weeks after surgery my total loss is 22 lbs. What the heck am I doing wrong?

I monitored my eating for four days to be sure of what I suspected--that I am eating no more than 800 calories a day. How can I not lose on that many calories a day? My nutritionist tested my resting metabolic rate and said I burn 1800 calories a day at rest.

What the hey is going on here? I will say I do not eat especially low carb, but do I really need to with that few calories?

Help, somebody. Did I go through all this in vain?

Well I am not an expert but I have heard over the past couple of months when someone stalls they need to shake up their eating routine, exercise routine and/or increase their calorie intake to 1000 and increase their Water intake. These are only suggestions and I am not sure as to what will work for you. Hopefully you will break through the stall soon.

When you say you are not eating low carb, how many carbs are you eating?

I am eating between 75 and 100 grams of carbs a day and about 40 grams of Protein.

I believe it's supposed to be the other way around. . .40 grams of carbs or less, and 75 - 90 grams of Proteins and 64oz or more of Water. . . at least that is what my nutritionist said. . . follow what your plan has for you . . . but your carb intake sounds too high. . . .

I'd cut carbs. My sleeve is this week, but as I am now, calories don't matter much, so I count carbs before I even look at calories. Try to get 50 carbs or less.

I agree that your carbs sound too high. I eat less than 30 a day and I keep my Protein around 70. I really only eat protein. I rarely each anything else. I still drink 2 Protein Shakes a day and on an occasion I have wheat crackers and hummus or something similar. I can probably add the last three days together and won't have 70 carbs. I eat around 600 calories a day.

I am sorry you are struggling. I can only imagine how frustrating this would be. Hang in there. Keep us posted on what you try and what seems to work. I am sure you will find the right fit and start losing again.

I was also told to keep my carbs low and my Protein high. See if you can cut your carbs back to 40 or 30 g per day and up your protein to 60 or 70 g. So just like everyone else's advise.

NOT enough protein... if you think about it with out enough Protein to support what you have currently you body tries to hold onto everything it can... plus without enough protein you weaken your muscles in your body... might not sound to bad but remember your HEART is a muscle and it you dont get enough daily protein to sustain it you will get sick, you will stall as your body fights to keep your heart healthy by stealing from other muscle groups.

You are not eating nearly enough Protein. Your body is holding on to weight because it thinks it's starving. Most people need at least a min of 60 grams of Protein per day but 80 is better. Again, most people can't lose very well unless they cut their carbs to around 20-30

Try that for a week and see what happens!

Thanks all of you for your advice and support. I did try upping my calories for a few days but it was hard to do. I will definately increase the Water and really work on upping the protien. My problem is that the shakes just turn me off. But I will try again. Things that I couldn't stomach right after the surgery are now more doable, so maybe now I can find a Protein shake I can tolerate.

And I have been bad with the carbs, just hoping the calorie limit would do the trick. But my primary care doctor believes I have metabolic syndrome, so really the low carb is the way to go. I will post again in a few weeks after trying this approach.

<br />Thanks all of you for your advice and support. I did try upping my calories for a few days but it was hard to do. I will definately increase the Water and really work on upping the protien. My problem is that the shakes just turn me off. But I will try again. Things that I couldn't stomach right after the surgery are now more doable, so maybe now I can find a Protein shake I can tolerate.<br /><br />And I have been bad with the carbs, just hoping the calorie limit would do the trick. But my primary care doctor believes I have metabolic syndrome, so really the low carb is the way to go. I will post again in a few weeks after trying this approach.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Weighnomore, Im kind of in the same boat...plateau for the last 4 weeks, I do eat 60-70 gms of Protein and about 40-80 gms of carbs (I am a vegetarian, and most Proteins have some carbs). I am going to try and eat 1000 cals for a few days and see if that shakes things up... good luck with your efforts, stalls SUCK!

This is awesome! I have been eating low carb for two days and the weight is dropping!! Yes! I have gone down a whole 5 lbs. in two days!!! Holey Moley! Thanks for all of your advice!!!

wow way to rock the sleeve!!! I believe many of us are in your position... By nature we are carb sensitive myself included... Once I introduced carbs back in I stalled big time... I took them out and lost more weight then I had in 2 months in one week... Glad that you have broken through!!!