Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Emotions

So...I'm staying with Family to help me out after surgery. They cook & eat like normal. I encourage this because I don't want anyone to feel weird around me. It's hard, I'm not going to lie. Smelling my Mom's delicious home cooked meals. Ugh!!! Today we went shopping to get me cottage cheese. I almost cried. I regretted doing this every minute I was in that store. I saw many things I want to eat. Just taste! I miss eating with my Family. I miss the taste of chocolate. I miss CHIPS! chips have always been my weakness & seeing 3 different bags in the cart today...F-me!!!

Can I see anymore taco bell commercials? Can someone else say pizza around me?

Please say these will pass...or should I be locked away like a sick animal cause I'm making myself sad & feel stupid for doing this to my body .

I'm an emotional mess. My posts are happy/sad/happy/emo.

Haha. I'm sorry!!

I was like that the first two weeks. This shall past. After about a Month, you will be disgusted just thinking about eating all of that junk. Oh and even better after a month you can actually indulge in some of those comfort foods..I did! It's cheating but hey I couldnt help it. Just remember small bites just to fix your cravings.

Yes, we mostly ALL run through this at one time or another- and most of us MULTIPLE times. We are creatures of habit and we obese people are obese in mind too. We have so much access to cheap hi cal food that it can make our minds spin.

Failure to subdue this - at least in part - CAN lead to eventual failure of the sought after weight loss. Try and fill the void with low cal, high Protein food that you DO like. Don't punish yourself but find alternatives that you like. Constantly craving the foods you lust after is only going to make you aggrivated and probably set yourself up for failure.

Have you joined a weight loss program? Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig? The psychological help can help you overcome.

So, here's what you do... sounds like you're on mushies, so have your mom cook some Soups that you like. The rest of the family can add some salad, garlic bread, whatever, but at least you'll be able to eat what they do (and if it's lumpy Soup, blend it up!). For the chocolate fix, the sugar-free Jello Mousse is pretty darn good, and I think the chocolate Greek yogurt (I think it's Oikos) a great, although it's not sugar-free. And at the stage you're in, a little bit of sweet goes a long way. And don't worry, before you know it you'll be on solids and marveling at how little food it actually takes to satisfy you! :)

Or, if it's REALLY THAT BAD, taste it, chew it up, and spit it out. The first 3 weeks were really hard for me bc I was craving the junk. I did just that, and I was fine. Now, at 6 weeks, almost 7 weeks, I don't want it. Although I still do want chocolate...but now I'll eat just one taste. (Like one square of a chocolate bar, or one bite of a Peanut Butter cup) That suits me just fine.

If your on mushie stage, you can always get pinto's n cheese from taco bell. You have ot remember that alot of the restaurants that we always go to, we can still go to but we have to make smarter choices. I have not had my surgery but I have had fun going through menus online and finding out nutritional facts and figuring out what I can have. It is a great realization of how fattening everything is. You will be surpised how low fat pintos n cheese is from Taco Bell and you probably wont eat all of it anyway and the Beans and cheese are full of protein! You just have to start being creative!

Find yourself a hypnotist that is experienced with weight loss. He/ she can reprogram your emotional attachment to food. This is a great partner with the sleeve surgery to permanently keep the weight off.

Find yourself a hypnotist that is experienced with weight loss. He/ she can reprogram your emotional attachment to food. This is a great partner with the sleeve surgery to permanently keep the weight off.

You've done this? Can you elaborate please? :)

I'll share my experience about 5 days post-op .. I had to go get a new passport and sneaked into a "no no" restaurant when I was clearly in the phase 1 liquid only diet. I ordered a set meal with bone-less beef short rib, steamed rice with hot curry sauce. Set came with fruit salad (canned) and a scoop of apple cinnamon frozen sorbet .. yum, yum ... and you know what happened ? First, it took me 2.5 hours to get through lunch. Of the foods I mentioned, I cut tiny penny size bites with fork & knife of the boneless short rib, and ate .. 1 and half strips out of 8 strips (total ribs was about 6 oz). And I picked at the fruit salad, and managed to get a small wedge of canned pineapple down. I finished the frozen sorbet but that was about the size of a racket ball so around 2.5 ozs. And I was stuffed to the point that I was ready to vomit, and I think I did about 30 minutes after I left the restaurant. And the next day when I went back to pick-up my passport, all I did was walked around looking at all the food stands at a food center in a shopping complex and smell the aroma .. and I KNEW .. I couldn't stomach anything .. so, what did I wind up eating that was another no no .. yep, another cup of frozen sorbet, this time an apple/pineapple blend which for some reason I was craving at the time. You know the funny thing is .. when the frozen sorbet went down and hit my stomach lining .. it felt good. Kinda like an ice pack does when your forehead is burning with a fever. I have no idea what the heck that meant at the time -- all I know is I made it so far and its been 24 days post op and I'm on phase IV restricted calories diet, but reverting towards phase III semi-liquid diet on account that I can't hold anything too solid down w/o donating it all to the toilet. But the sorbet is still on my menu .. weight loss so far is on target at 2lbs per week. And I'm about to start swimming by the weekend for caloric output. I have no idea why I'm ranting in this thread or whether it is relevant to the thread. But I hope my experience helps somebody here. ;)

Somedays I feel like that. My husband is impressed how I am able to cook my favorite foods for them... nut I enjoy it and it strenghtens me.

As soon as you see the weight being melted away you will also realized that nothing tastes as good as that. I am 20lbs lighter, helthier, happier now. I am starting to like what I see in the mirror and this is so good. o now, when I see a chocolate cake I just tell myself that soon i will be able to eat again without the horrable feelings of guilt that I had before. I will give myself a (small) piece of chocolate cake on mother's day. ;)

Just hang in there. Things get better as the weeks go by.

So...I'm staying with Family to help me out after surgery. They cook & eat like normal. I encourage this because I don't want anyone to feel weird around me. It's hard, I'm not going to lie. Smelling my Mom's delicious home cooked meals. Ugh!!! Today we went shopping to get me cottage cheese. I almost cried. I regretted doing this every minute I was in that store. I saw many things I want to eat. Just taste! I miss eating with my Family. I miss the taste of chocolate. I miss CHIPS! chips have always been my weakness & seeing 3 different bags in the cart today...F-me!!!

Can I see anymore taco bell commercials? Can someone else say pizza around me?

Please say these will pass...or should I be locked away like a sick animal cause I'm making myself sad & feel stupid for doing this to my body .

I'm an emotional mess. My posts are happy/sad/happy/emo.

Haha. I'm sorry!!

Welcome to buyers remorse! And yes, this too shall pass. . . I had buyers remorse for months (3-4months) after surgery. . . I hated it, i really did . . . but you know what? I hated being fat more. . . even now that i reached the first goal i still struggle with this thingy but i'm glad i have it. .you'll do ok, so pull up those big girl panties and realize why you had this surgery in the first place. . . it wasn't so you could shovel chips into your mouth right? Good luck you'll be ok

Thank you all for the replies and for sharinf your stories! I just need to know that Im not alone. Even though I know, I need to read it and see it. Thanks so much! & thinoneday, yeah, my big girl panties have been hiding from me since I did this. Hahaha!