Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need my sugar fix

For the past few weeks, the urge to have something sweet has been getting stronger. I figured maybe it was that I wasn't getting all my nutrition in so I upped my Protein intake. I've begun to drink more Water and I've been working out and strength training fairly good (almost 1.5 hrs every day). So why am I feeling like I want to take a pack of double stuffed oreo's and just jam them into my mouth? It's like I need to have something sweet, and if I don't, I go stir crazy. Is there something I need to switch up perhaps. Or is it all in my head?

I have some sugar free chocolate sweets on hand...

I have Atkins low carb PB Cups (which are AWESOME) and some York Peppermint Patties and believe it or not - it's really not hard for me to eat just one and satisfy that craving. I take tiny bites and just let it melt in my mouth.

If I do eat one of them, it gets logged and I sure don't want to run up the numbers with empty calories. I'm a chocoholic and small amounts like that aren't going to hurt anything. I'm hoping that I'm going crazy for chocolate right now because of PMS and that in a few days the craving will not be so bad.

Yes it's all in your head, old habits die hard trust I know. I've been graving sweets like crazy and since sweets have no nutrienal value your body does not require sweets to thrive. So when my head graves sweets I indulge my brain by eating a sweet for example half a slice of key lime pie or very small piece of cake etc. Our sleeve is to help us meet our goal of getting to a healthy weight so if you can handle just a taste of something sweet I say go for it, but if a small taste will not satisfy your graving I suggest you visit you support group for other options. Good Luck

cupz622' timestamp='1298852665' post='121160']

For the past few weeks, the urge to have something sweet has been getting stronger. I figured maybe it was that I wasn't getting all my nutrition in so I upped my Protein intake. I've begun to drink more Water and I've been working out and strength training fairly good (almost 1.5 hrs every day). So why am I feeling like I want to take a pack of double stuffed oreo's and just jam them into my mouth? It's like I need to have something sweet, and if I don't, I go stir crazy. Is there something I need to switch up perhaps. Or is it all in my head?

OMG I LOVE those Atkins PB low carb cups! They are kinda pricey but I have one just about every day after lunch. Satisfies my sweet tooth (which I have just about every day) and not too high in carbs/calories if you are mindful the rest of the day and exercise.