Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Drinks??

I had my vertical sleeve surgery 3 days ago and am on full liquids right now. My problem is I can't stand the Protein drinks! I don't really like powdered milky drinks. Are there any other options besides those? Or maybe a premade one that actually tastes like chocolate milk or maybe something that is like a fruit drink? Thanks!

Omg I had mine 6 days ago and on full liquids and I cant stomach my muscle milk protien shake any more. What I did was got the 100% whey Protien powder unflavored from GNC (1 scoop) and added 2 cran grape packets( under 5 calories no sugar!) and added 16 ounces of Water and shook it up really good put it in the freezer and drank it cold. it taste way better not as thick and i can get it down much easier. You can use any packet I just used the cran-grape ones because they are strong and sweet. Hope this helps!!!

I had my vertical sleeve surgery 3 days ago and am on full liquids right now. My problem is I can't stand the Protein drinks! I don't really like powdered milky drinks. Are there any other options besides those? Or maybe a premade one that actually tastes like chocolate milk or maybe something that is like a fruit drink? Thanks!

I haven't had my surgery yet but will be on April 4th. I am going to try out a product called Syntrax nectar. They have all kinds of flavors some of which are:

Roadside Lemonade

strawberry Kiwi

Caribbean Cooler

Twisted Cherry

Crystal Sky

and much much more. I ordered a sample pack so I can try them all out see which ones I like. From what I have read they are really good and do not have an after taste. I'm in the same boat as you I don't much care for the powdered milky kind of drinks so I'm giving this a shot ~ hoping it works :)

Side note: I was not able to find this product in any of my health stores where I live so I had to order it online.

I'm scheduled to be sleeved on Tuesday (3/29) -- but have been "taste testing" different types of Protein Drinks over the last month or so. I have found the Chike is probably the best tasting (order it online only - they will send you free samples, just pay shipping) I didn't like any of GNC's except the unflavored (for the record you can try any of their flavors and bring them back for a full refund no questions asked!!). I also ordered a bunch of samples of www.vitalady.com that were yummy. I just hope now that my tastes don't change too much after surgery!! Good luck on your journey!!!!!!

I have a few different types of Protein powders. The Jay Robb stuff is pretty good (vanilla, Pina Colada, strawberry, chocolate...though I have not tried that one yet). His stuff is also rBGH (recombinant bovine growth hormone) free. I have also tried the TerasWhey products which is made from goat milk. The blueberry is good. I have chocolate and Pomegranate-Cranberry left to try. I didn't care for the unjury "unflavored" because all the taste that was left was the whey. Yuck. I imagine, when it gets time for full liquids and I can have Soups and such, the unflavored might be okay added to something which can mask that taste.

What I've been doing is buying up a bunch of Vitamin Water Zero. I test drive how much Protein Powder works well for the different flavors and carry that around with me for the day. The Blueberry goes well with the XXX (acai-blueberry-pomegranate) and the Pina Colada goes well in the orange flavored ones. I put a full pina colada in those. The blueberry one is going to take some more adjusting to get the flavor right. I think about 1/2 serving/package per drink is best. But that's me. Everyone is different.

All of the above Protein powders (except Unjury) were bought as samples and are available in bigger containers at Whole Foods. Possibly other places as well.