Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Suggestions Have Not Lost Any Weight

barb1952
Sign in to follow this  

I am needing suggestions. I was sleeved on Jan 17th and have not lost anything yet. I did have a bit of Water weight when I got out of the hospital since I was in for 4 days and had an IV the whole time. But now the weight isn't coming off and I don't know why since I am on a liquid diet still. What am I doing wrong. This is very depressing.

Hi Barb -- prior to my surgery, I lost 18 pounds and promptly regained it all in the hospital with the IVs -- I don't think I lost a substantial amount of weight until 2 weeks out -- your body is still swollen and sore from the surgery, so you have to give it time to heal. Just keep up with your liquids and I PROMISE you will start to lose. Frankly, if you follow the diet from your dr., there is no way you can't lose. So chin up, you'll get there! :)

I am needing suggestions. I was sleeved on Jan 17th and have not lost anything yet. I did have a bit of Water weight when I got out of the hospital since I was in for 4 days and had an IV the whole time. But now the weight isn't coming off and I don't know why since I am on a liquid diet still. What am I doing wrong. This is very depressing.

Well it's takes a while after that hospital visit to actually see any thing happening. . . but here is a suggestion that may be hard to take. . . GET RID OF YOUR SCALE! The scale is what will depress you because you're jumping onto it all the time. . . i didn't weigh myself at all at home. . only at my doctor visits and at 2 weeks when i went for my checkup and had lost XX amount of weight and then XXX amount of weight at 7 weeks I was so happy that i just didn't weigh anymore until my next visit. . . now at 1 year out I have a scale but only weigh myself once a month. . . this is just my suggestion, take it however you wish but know that it will happen, just be patient and good luck. . . .

Hi Barb,Just look it like this...How long did it talk you to gain the weight?....then look at how long it will take you to loose it...you are retaining water....just give your self time because you just got out of the hospital and it will take time....like the friend said.put the scale away...just concentrate on healing and feeling better..when you get a chance to get out side and walk you wil see the weight falling off and wonder if you are loosing too much...and always remember this is a tool....and you have to use it as such...I know you have heard it before..but give your self some time..please start taking plenty of pictures and make your own brag book,,,I am 3 months or so from having my surgery and I got starting taking pictures when I started doing research.....have fun on your journey....camille01

Thank you all so much for the feedback. It really helps and I love this site. I will just concentrate on feeling better and will stay off of the scale.< /p>

Thank you all so much for the feedback. It really helps and I love this site. I will just concentrate on feeling better and will stay off of the scale.

Good girl! You'll be doing yourself the biggest favor by not weighing all the time. . .your going to do so well. . .trust me, just stay off the scale for about 2 weeks no matter how hard it is (get someone to hide the scale) then weigh and rejoice with the victory! Good luck and let us know ok!

I didn't weigh myself until I was one month out, and now, 6 months out I usually don't weigh myself more often than once a month. You need to be patient :P