Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

He said I would get down to 165 and thats where I . Is this it???

:help: I do not mean to sound ungreatfull. I started at 218 in December. I have 2 cc in my band and I the scale is not moving. He told me I would lose to about 165 .(I told him 130 was more like it)

165 and that is where I am stuck. Almost two months now. No matter what I eat what I change. How much I exercise.How much Water I drink.

I am still fat. I am still on insulin. Am I going to have to starve myself to lose the last 35 lbs? I plan to lose 30-35 more and have a Tummy Tuck and breast lift.

I too am stuck at 163ish, some days I weigh 159 and others 165. I am in a size 12 comfortably, some 10's but they are snug, I refuse to be this size forever. I am going to make it to the 6-8 size range. My original goal was to get to a size 10-12, I am here and want to be a bit smaller. I would like to lose another 20 or so pounds. I would be great at 140-145 range. ~Mandy

Mandy (splenda's daughter not me) is doing fine, 27 pounds in 11 weeks is almost 3 pounds per week, the average for a banded patient is 1 or 2 pounds per week on average. And the first 6 weeks are for healing, not weight loss. ~Mandy

I suspect there does come a point for many where you stick. I seem to have hit that myself at the 200lb level, it just doesnt want to budge from here. Ok, so I'm not obese any longer, merely overweight, but I still want to lose another 40lb!

But I'm coming to terms with the fact that its going to take dieting. I have a very comfortable relationship with my band at the moment, and can maintain absolutely effortlessly so I dont really want to go tighter. So it looks like I have to go the traditional route.

The first 40+lb have melted off though, its taken no effort really.

I'm also resigned to the fact that it might be 1-2lb a month from now on, no matter what I do.

I am at 164 down from 265 and I too seem to be stuck. I think somtimes your body just needs time to adjust and also I think in my case I should really evaluate what I am and am not doing.... I seem to comfortable latley and yet I expect the scales to move. I want to get down another 20 or 30 pounds and I know it will take some major work on my part to get there at this point. Those last pounds are always the hardest.. they are so stuborn!! Don't give up and your daughter is doing fine!! Congrats to you both!

This may not be a popular post, but it is not intended to hurt anyone's feelings:

Per Inamed: In the US clinical trial, 2% of patients gained some weight; 5% neither gained nor lost; 61% of patients lost at least 25% of their excess weight; 52% of the patients lost at least 33% of their excess weight; 22% lost at least 50% of their excess weight; and 10% lost at least 75% of their excess weight.

I am obviously no where near my personal goal, but I think that it is necessary to remind ourselves of exactly what this band was intended for ( I have had to as well ). I know that there are many people who have worked hard enough to lose all of their excess weight, but the fact is that we all knew going into this that the odds against us losing all the weight are not on our side.

I spoke with LadySplenda on the phone last night and we both agreed that we have come a very long way in the last 11 months for me and almost 7 months for her. We can both do things we never would have dreamed of pre-band. I think that we are both on the same plateau and it is frustrating. I also think that most band surgeons will consider a patient a success at 80% of access weight lost, and that is hard to swallow. I don't want to do this 80% I want to do this 100% and that is what I plan to do. I think some doctors get you at the 80% point and say, well I did what I said I would do, the rest is up to you. I also think that they should continue to encourage and push us to lose that last 20%. I am glad that my doctor says to me "you are doing great, don't give up now" I am also glad that he explained to me that if I got close to goal and had plastic surgery, it would take off a few pounds of skin. I am 18 pounds from goal and the plastic surgeon says I will lose anywhere from 8 to 12 pounds of skin off my stomach and thighs. So really I am only about 10 pounds from goal. I want to be between 140 and 145, that seems reasonable to me. Don't get me wrong, I am totally happy where I am right now. I have gone from a 22-24 to a size 12. My life has totally changed for the better, I love my band. My band saved my life, I was rotting in a very unhappy pain filled life, now I am living life to the fullest. I am a better wife, mother, sister, daughter and friend because I am living again. Most of all I am a better me and I owe that to my band so I am happy with what my band has given me even if it has given it's all. ~Mandy

Two months is not really a long time ot be on a plateau. My DH was on a long plateau, like more than 6 months before he started losing again. I won't denigh that you are not happy not losing.

But I think with all the great success you've had, you expect things to continue the way they were before. I think at this point its' a good time to step back, and reassess what you are doing. Where you have been, review that list of NSVs.

I think it is also time to look at your original goal. It is only a number, meaning less in and of itself. You are nowhere near being the same person you were before you started this band journey. Maybe it is time to reassess. Have your body composition measured. Have that consult with the plasitc surgeon too see how much of your excess weight is actually skin and not body fat.

Please don't drive yourselves crazy with woring about 10 measily pounds. Especially when that 10 pounds might be muscle. I mean, you have all worked really hard to get where you are. Perhaps you are already "there" and don't know it.

The BMI scale lies. The scales lie. And frequenly, our brains lie too. We have this idea that we will be oh so happy when we are size (insert number here) but when we reach (insert number here) we are no happier than we were when we were (insert bigger number here).

Perhaps it is because I cannot lose weight that I have a different perspective. Perhaps there is somepart of me that is bitter and angry that Ya'll have had success where it is denighed to me, will be denighed to me.

Oh, and Mandy is doing F.A.B.

Well I know what I'M going to do. Lower my goal weight! I mean, if the goal is 20% lower then I'll reach the original goal, right? :faint: LOL

Sorry, I know it's frustrating and we ALL want to be in that 10% that lose all of our excess weight. If it were like getting in to an amazing college I'd be working on my civic and extracurricular activities.

I believe that anyone can get to their goal if they work hard enough. I think at this point you are not working toward goal so much as a banded patient, but more like the vast majority who is arguing with 20 or 30 lbs. So.... yer normal! :) (don't slap me)

I am nowhere near goal yet, about half-way there. I do know though that once I am at or near it with even 25 more lbs to go I will feel SO much better in that new body that I won't mind it taking a bit longer. I would killl to be 165 now!!! Just think about how much better you feel in your new, thinner body. I can tell a huge difference in myself just from dropping half of my weight. If it would take me an extra year to get rid of those last 20 lbs I think I would be OK with that. But I guess I will have to wait and see to know for sure though....:) Congrats on your FAB weight loss!!!

~Liz~

banded 03/10/06

Dr.Ortiz

241/196/150

5'7''