Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Here is a picture of my new townhouse....

We are still getting settled, but starting to make progress...~Mandy

Ok, 3 bedrooms and 1.5 baths. It is a tri-level, around 1300 square feet. You enter into a foyer and have the options of going upstairs or down into the "basement" it is half below ground but has really nice windows that look into the back yard. Up the stairs we have 2 big bedrooms and a full bath, the laundry room is also upstairs, a huge selling point to me. 99% of the laundry comes from the bedrooms and master bath so it is right there, how convient is that? Then on the main level there is a living room and my big eat in kitchen. The place was a rental for 5 years and the last tenant trashed the place so the investment company that we bought from had just remodeled the kitchen, new stove, new dishwasher and almost new fridge. The cabinets and countertops are less that 18 months old. The living room has 2 huge windows (think bigger than a sliding glass door) with vertical blinds. Then downstairs is a family room (we are making it a game room) with a small bedroom (Abigales's playroom) and a half bath. This winter we want to retile the bathrooms, the tile in there is in good shape but it is ugly. I want to do stone look tile, I have spent a ton of time at Home Depot lately, the sales girl knows me by name. (is that a bad thing?)

I am in the process of re landscaping the backyard. It looked like Jurasic park back there, not anymore. I spent 7 hours digging weeds and cutting down half dead evergreens on wed. I was soooo tired, but I did it without gasping for breath and I felt really good about everything I accomplished that day. I still need to level the back yard and we are going to reseed in a few weeks. I went to a great garage sale today and found a cool dark olive green couch for $40, I bought that and I have a cool dark brown chair that will look great with it. That is going to go in the living room and the game room is going to have a small tan and green couch and I am looking for game tables or possibly a pinball machine. I am mostly unpacked and I manged to misplace my scale for 2 weeks, I found it but wish it was still lost. I haven't lost a single ounce for weeks. I think it was all the fast food during the move, I am back on track now and I think all the yad work will help me with these last few pounds. I also got a really sweet dog, there is a whole thread about her, take a peek, but be prepared she will steal your heart, and your socks if she can get ahold of them. ~Mandy

Congratulations on your new home. I hope it brings you tons of happiness.

Congratulations! I just bought my first little place too last year. I still have to re-model though real estate in Cali is sooo expensive!

I'm so thrilled for you and it is absolutely beautiful. It will be so much fun working on it and not getting out of breath and breaking out in sweats. Wish you all the good luck in the world.

Your friend,

Sherri

Mandy ~ It looks beautiful from the outside and sounds super on the inside too. You should post pics on the inside after you get settled. Our first house as a married couple was a tri-level and I LOVED it. The laundry was just outside the bedrooms and it was so convenient. Thanks for sharing and post more pics!!!

I'm in Illinois, just west of Chicago. I totally love the laundry being upstairs, that was a major selling point for me. I will take more pictures in the next week or so as I get painting and decorating finished. ~Mandy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches