Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New To The Site! February Date Scheduled! Question!

Hi Everyone I'm new to the site too.... February 8th is my date. Scared to death, excited, happy, worried about the pain and the drain...lol, just want it done with so I don't back out at the last second!!

Nice to see other February dates in here! Im 278 Pre-OP / Hoping for 150 post.

Does anyone "regret" having the surgery???

Also I have to take Ambien to sleep at night, anyone know of a liquid form or if we're able to take Ambien? I have been to my pharmacist yet but I'm having major anxiety about not being able to sleep at night without it. I have to take it or I have major insomnia and extreme nightmares that keep me up most of the night.

Also.....I love chocolate so I was wondering if anyone here has a good chocolate flavored Protein Shake that might work?

Also last one.... does anyone hear this from the husband or signifigant other "your gonna get so skinny your gonna leave me" I have to say im really frustrated with that comment and it makes me think all these years he's sabatoged me to be fat so I'd stay JUST with him. Anyone else go through this?

I counted him to be my major support.... now I'm not so sure.

Hi Kya, see this post for choccie related stuff http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/12244-32-of-the-yummiest-grams-of-protein-in-one-sitting/

I don't take anything to sleep at night, so don't know about that. My hubby made a similar comment to yours and you just have to try and re-assure them, sadly you don't get the surgery and wake up looking like a supermodel, more's the petty! wink.gif

LOL I am next month on the 19th and I am super excited !!! My husband has said the same thing . I tell him nope but if that's what he wanted I will hook him right in up ! I am hour same weight that's pretty funny lol. I am doing this for myself for I told him to be on my side or get the hell out of my way . He has been real real supportive sence then

Because I am not backing off this surgery.

Anyways welcome and I am super excited for you !!!'

Hi Everyone I'm new to the site too.... February 8th is my date. Scared to death, excited, happy, worried about the pain and the drain...lol, just want it done with so I don't back out at the last second!!

Also I have to take Ambien to sleep at night, anyone know of a liquid form or if we're able to take Ambien? I have been to my pharmacist yet but I'm having major anxiety about not being able to sleep at night without it. I have to take it or I have major insomnia and extreme nightmares that keep me up most of the night.

Also.....I love chocolate so I was wondering if anyone here has a good chocolate flavored Protein shake that might work?

Also last one.... does anyone hear this from the husband or signifigant other "your gonna get so skinny your gonna leave me" I have to say im really frustrated with that comment and it makes me think all these years he's sabatoged me to be fat so I'd stay JUST with him. Anyone else go through this?

Absolutely NO REGRETS! I am 5 weeks out from the sleeve and I am loving the amazing changes taking place!

If ambien is crushable you will be fine, also if memory serves me ambien is pretty darn small so even if it is not uncrushable it should be fine, but talk to you pharmacist and doctor.

Premier Protein shakes have the BEST chocolate taste, available at costco and Amazon. You like myself will probably be LOVING sugar free choc pudding after the surgery!

To this day my husband is trying to sabotage me. Do you want candy at the movies, do you want a shake from Mcdonalds ect. I have gotten to the point I become the b*tch from hell when he pulls it.

And yes, I have heard the line "When you get skinny" I have told him it is not about getting skinny for me, it is about healthy and not taking so many meds.

Absolutely NO REGRETS! I am 5 weeks out from the sleeve and I am loving the amazing changes taking place!

If ambien is crushable you will be fine, also if memory serves me ambien is pretty darn small so even if it is not uncrushable it should be fine, but talk to you pharmacist and doctor.

Premier Protein shakes have the BEST chocolate taste, available at costco and Amazon. You like myself will probably be LOVING sugar free choc pudding after the surgery!

To this day my husband is trying to sabotage me. Do you want candy at the movies, do you want a shake from Mcdonalds ect. I have gotten to the point I become the b*tch from hell when he pulls it.

And yes, I have heard the line "When you get skinny" I have told him it is not about getting skinny for me, it is about healthy and not taking so many meds.

LOL good to know my husband is not the only one doing it. It's so frustrating, i'm doing it for my health too....I was prime caregiver to my dad who eventually died from heart disease and diabetes and I swore from the moment I saw his last breath I didn't want that to be me.

Thanks for the chocolate Protein Shake idea's im going out to try as soon as possible.

I'm 3 weeks out and I absolutely love my sleeve. I continue to be excited of what is to come. I feel good, people around me are noticing my weightloss and I notice in my clothes.

If your medication is the size of a plain M&M you will be able to continue to take your medication whole.

Regarding the comment from your husband, no he is not the only man to make the comment because it is a real concern. It may be true that you would never leave your husband due to your weightloss, however there are cases of woman who have. It is natural to be afraid of the unknown. This is a big life change for him too, I don't think he's being unsupportive he's being honest. Good Luck

I am scheduled for Feb 9.

During the meeting with the ntritionalist I was given samples of no sugar Protein Drinks that manufacturers provided to the hospital clinic.

For me, the Muscle Milk Lite chocolate was the best. I have since ordered 4 cases from GNC and it came UPS. 20% off with a Gold Card.

Hello Kya, welcome to your new journey!

Ambien: I do not know - as I've never had to take it before. Hopefully someone will be able to chime in with that.

I did have some regrets straight out of surgery, then decreasing wonderings up to a month out. However, now I'm absolutely over the MOON FOR MY SLEEVE!!! I have not a single solitary regret (anymore :P ) and I'm ever thankful the stars were aligned just right for me to have this done for myself. Yeah!!!

My personal favorite chocolate flavored Protein supplement is definitely powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury. vanilla is pretty darned wonderful too. It's hardER to find a great tasting vanilla supplement... In my world, they are by far the better tasting choice. I really love them and if it weren't for them I'd never have made it past the first month Post Op. My tastebuds acted up a lot post op and they were the only ones besides Bariatric fusion (Mint chocolate Chip Ice Cream - very good!!!) that I could get past my tastebuds.

My Husband said all this before my band surgery - just being a guy. Guys can be a little insecure sometimes, and of course he loves me so he's going to feel this way. We worked through it and we are millions of times stronger today than we ever have been. I say just have a heart to heart with him and assure him that he's the man for you, no matter who you are on the outside. Your core will stay the same on the inside.

:)

I wish you the very best!! Keep us updated on how you're progressing!!

Kya,

Congrats on your surgery choice an date!! I do not regret this surgery at all! It has been 4 weeks TODAY!!! I can totally see the change in my face and body!!! No one at works knows but everyone keeps commenting on either how good I look or that something is different about me. Since beginning this journey I have lost about 25 lbs. I suffered with back and knee pain prior and have not had either since surgery. Recup is really personalized I find but doable! I was back to work 11 days after surgery. My biggest complaint was the tug of my sutures on the inside. Wearing a binder or Spanx can help keep all the jiggly fat still which help with the sutures. I did not have to take my pain medication much once home. I bought some liquid children's motrin and that helped with pain with the sutures more than the narcotic.

Regarding your ambien and any meds contact your doc. It should be fine size wise to crush (when in doubt).

I have to tell you that even my best male friend said that, "once your skinny you will not have time for me". It is really a male insecurity. It is reasonable but I know how it can feel annoying. Make him feel as good as excited about the new you as you feel.

I have not tried many different Protein drinks but I drink Carnation Instant No Sugar added chocolate drink.

Best of Luck....p.s. Feb 8 i my birthday!!!! I will be celebrating for you!!!!!

Also.....I love chocolate so I was wondering if anyone here has a good chocolate flavored Protein shake that might work?