Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP WANTED

36 year old, 280 pound, beautiful wife (of 11 years) and mother (two boys ages 5 and 6) seeks a strong mentor who has successfully completed VSG surgery for a year or more. Must be able to "tell it like it is" and not "sugar-coat" the journey (I'm a big girl. I can handle the truth). Someone who is mild mannered will not be good for my BIG personality!

I am scheduled for VSG this Tuesday, November 30th in Houston, Texas. My goal weight is 170 pounds and I would like to be in a size 12 ( I am currently a 24). I am very faith driven, so a Christian mentor is preferred (but not required). I do believe it will take God's help to get me through this lifestyle change.

I KNOW I NEED HELP! If you are interested in being my mentor, please respond to this post. I appreciate your consideration and look forward to "meeting" you.

Feel free to contact me with any questions, if you prefer texting, or phone calls, let me know. I've shared my contact information with many, and shoot from the hip with everything. I'm a Christian, but do not attend services on a regular basis because I do not believe my relationship with God is not based on how many times I darken the door of a church.

I'm just about 2 weeks shy of being 18 months post-sleeve, and have been maintaining my loss for over 10 months at this point.

Hi Natalie!

I can't be your mentor (unless you want imput on a failed lapband-LOL). I do live in the Houston area though! I will be sleeved December 20! We can support each other since our surgeries are so close together~ Good luck next Tuesday.

Hello Tiffykins,

YOU ARE HIRED! I will send you a message with my phone number and personal email.

I report to the hospital this Tuesday at 6am. My surgery should begin around 9:30am. I am nervous. I feel like a woman who is nesting. I am running around trying to be as prepared as possible. I have two small children, so it if vital to have things in order.

My doctor did not put me on a pre-op liquid diet! I even called to check and they said just don't eat or drink anything after midnight on Monday. Needless to say, I have been enjoying all my favorite foods since the party is about to come to an end. To my surprise, I have not been able to eat the way I would like to. I think my body knows what's coming!

Thanks for signing up to be my mentor! I truly appreciate your courage! Your support is priceless.

Feel free to contact me with any questions, if you prefer texting, or phone calls, let me know. I've shared my contact information with many, and shoot from the hip with everything. I'm a Christian, but do not attend services on a regular basis because I do not believe my relationship with God is not based on how many times I darken the door of a church.

I'm just about 2 weeks shy of being 18 months post-sleeve, and have been maintaining my loss for over 10 months at this point.