Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanksgiving - What is going to be hardest for you?

So, what is on your liquid diet? How long are you suppose to be on a liquid diet before you go on puree?

My full liquid diet isof the following (I may actually have each one though)

Milk

Carnation Instant Breakfast

Fat-free, sugar-free yogurt

juice

Strained fat-free cream Soups

sugar-free pudding

Sugar-free hot cocoa

Protein drinks

Next week (week 2 of full liquids) I should be able to add in

Fat-free/low-fat cottage cheese

egg substitude, scrambled

egg whites, scrambled

The hardest part is not being able to enjoy my food like I used to :( I take a few bites and I'm done :( and food still doesn't taste the same for me...but I won't miss all the weight gain that's for sure :)

I guess I am like everyone else. eating too fast and wanting more than I can handle. I loved thanksgiving even when I was skinny without a weight problem. I dont cook we go to my in laws and she has some awesome deserts but I think I am going to do a little snacking all day. what a mean is a bite here and there and not actually sit down and eat a full meal. I do not want to over do it.I wish everyone a very blessed Thanksgiving and hope everyone can enjoy it..:)

I am on the liver-shrinking diet (all liquid), with surgery on December 1. Will probably be on mushies by Christmas. My husband and I are staying home alone for Thanksgiving, even though we got a few invitations from family and friends. We're going to stay in our pajamas all day, read, and nap together. He's going to order Chinese food delivered so I don't have to cook anything. No one knows about my surgery, except my husband, adult son, mom and one best friend. Everyone else knows that I'm on a doctor-ordered liquid diet, with food to be re-introduced into my diet slowly and in small portions. That is the truth, isn't it? Several family members have said things like, "Oh that makes sense - it's breaking a food addiction, like pushing the reset button." I like that, and it's true. Just not the whole truth, and frankly, it's none of their business. Everyone has been very supportive of my 'diet,' and understand why we turned down all invitations for Thanksgiving. But I know they would not all be supportive if they knew 85% of my stomach will be removed! By Christmas, everyone will know that only certain soft foods in small portions have been re-introduced into my 'diet' and will not be asking questions or pushing food on me. I'm comfortable with this small deception, because it will allow me to keep my private business to myself, while allowing my family and friends to be supportive and helpful. I'm so sorry for some of you that have posted here about family members 'outing' your surgery. The four people that know about my surgery are absolutely trustworthy, and they know that they are the only ones I have trusted with the whole truth. Later, when I am a fraction of my former self, I may 'confess,' but then again, maybe not.... Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

This is the first Thanksgiving that ISN'T going to be difficult for me because I'm no longer physically capable of binging, which would start a binge that wouldn't end until after New Year's or even my birthday in February. Every year, that binge cycle has been pure misery for me and now it's OVER! Woo! I don't miss pigging out; I'd gotten to the point of dreading the way I was eating. I was SO ready to have VSG, I was sick of eating and feeling like a hog-woman.

I didn't tell my family about my VSG, but they know I'm aggressively "dieting" because I want knee replacement surgery as soon as possible. It's the truth, I've just left out the surgery element. And I haven't lost soooo much since they've seen me that they'll be shocked at my weight loss. When anybody who doesn't know I had surgery comments on how little I'm eating, I tell them every bite beyond what they've seen me eat adds one more day to my having to live with an agonizingly painful knee. That shuts them up.

I had my surgery Monday, so I will be having turkey broth and cranberry juice. Yummy.

I am very anxious. It seems like My family expects me to eat like normal person. I Perfer not to be around the food. They are asking me what we time to should eat. I said since I most likely I won't be hungry and not eating as as much as them at one time they should set the time. I also ask not to carve the turkey since I tend nibble and make my self sick. Part of me thinks I should of gone on a trip.