Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else Day 1 post op

Just got home today. My surgery was yesterday. Wondering what everyone is drinking and how much? How are you feeling? Are you exercising?

Just got home today. My surgery was yesterday. Wondering what everyone is drinking and how much? How are you feeling? Are you exercising?

Hi

I'm on day 17 since op, but just wanted to say that you had major surgery only 1 day ago so be kind to yourself and your body. :-) First couple of day the main focus is to stay hydrated, sip, sip, sip your Water to ensure you get enough. Exercising was definitely not on my agenda, but try to move about the house to get rid of the gas.

Take it easy and again; sip, sip, sip. Best wishes!

My surgery was Monday and I came home Tuesday. I am sipping Water and Lipton diet green tea. I have had a few small bites of SF Jello. I can eat a SF popsicle - if slow. Then my stomach makes these weird gurgling noises. I am still in quite a bit of pain and my lower back hurts real bad. I called my doc's office today and was told I am being too impatient. That I had a major surgery and it will take awhile for the pain to ease up. The only excersing I am doing at this point is walking around my house about once an hour. I weighed 334.5 on day of surgery and gained to to 345 due to all the fluds they pump in plus the IV's. I am urinating quite frequently now so the Fluid is coming off. I just weighed and I am down to 330.0 so I guess I have lost 4.5 lbs since Monday. How are you feeling? I have to admit I didn't realize the pain would be so bad. Please keep in touch.

I am feeling very anxious!!!! Nervous about not being able to eat anything for two weeks and then only smushy foods for another two weeks. Then, after that, I am worried about only being able to eat small portions. I must say, I feel really sad right now and I want to stop myself from feeling this way! It is almost a regret that I did this. I wonder if it will get better after I can start eatting real foods. This is so hard for me because eatting was my friend and now I have no control and it feels like a loss to me. I hope I do not stay this way and I do not want to get you down!!!! Are u feeling this way at all or am I just crazy?

My surgery was Monday and I came home Tuesday. I am sipping Water and Lipton diet green tea. I have had a few small bites of SF Jello. I can eat a SF popsicle - if slow. Then my stomach makes these weird gurgling noises. I am still in quite a bit of pain and my lower back hurts real bad. I called my doc's office today and was told I am being too impatient. That I had a major surgery and it will take awhile for the pain to ease up. The only excersing I am doing at this point is walking around my house about once an hour. I weighed 334.5 on day of surgery and gained to to 345 due to all the fluds they pump in plus the IV's. I am urinating quite frequently now so the Fluid is coming off. I just weighed and I am down to 330.0 so I guess I have lost 4.5 lbs since Monday. How are you feeling? I have to admit I didn't realize the pain would be so bad. Please keep in touch.

I am feeling very anxious!!!! Nervous about not being able to eat anything for two weeks and then only smushy foods for another two weeks. Then, after that, I am worried about only being able to eat small portions. I must say, I feel really sad right now and I want to stop myself from feeling this way! It is almost a regret that I did this. I wonder if it will get better after I can start eatting real foods. This is so hard for me because eatting was my friend and now I have no control and it feels like a loss to me. I hope I do not stay this way and I do not want to get you down!!!! Are u feeling this way at all or am I just crazy?

Some but not as bad as you. I think I am scared to eat because I don't want to hurt or throw up. I feel you will feel better about this once you get to start tasting food again. I read somewhere once that a thin person can take a couple of bite of something and be satisfied where as a large person thinks they have to eat the whole thing to be satisfied. Maybe we can adopt the thinking of that thin person. I know I would be satisfied with a mini candy bar than no candy bar at all. My doc said I could have some cream of wheat tomorrow and for some reason I am really excited about that. I will pray it gets better for you - this is going to be a hard road for all of us. I also bought several cookbooks for eating after WLS - planning meals for the future is helping me to cope too I think. I don't think you are crazy.

I am also 4 days out and am feeling pretty good! My tummy muscles are sore and a lot of gas pains but feeling pretty good! I was in the hospital from Monday until this morning and I swear that first day/night I thought I might die! Day two was a little better and a little worse too, day three was even better and now day 4 is even better yet! It is true that day by day things will get better! Since being home I have been "craving" (read I believe to be head hunger) some foods I see/smell around the house but I am FULL from the water/juice/popsicle/tea I am drinking and couldn't think of putting anything else in there! I too am way to afraid to even think about anything but exactly what the doc said! I would just give it time and it will get better!!!!

As for how much I am drinking I am getting in 60cc an hour! Exercise, walking around my house! LOL