Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band to Sleeve revision - Wait time?

New to the board and find the information very helpful. I had my VG lapband removed (after 2 years) on October 19, 2010. Had major slippage with 40% of stomach going through-band. The band had only a small fill may have had something to do with it? No erosion or complications during removal. (Glad it is out - knew it was not the long term answer). I did well with the band losing most all desired weight but feel as though I need to move forward with VSG too not allow any weight gain. I want to get VSG but have been told to wait 6 weeks - 3 months. What have you been told or what is most common in this scenario? In advance thank you for the input. I am also considering Dr. Rod or Dr. Aceves for VSG - they both seem to have a good reputation. Thoughts???

Hi,

I'm also a band to sleever! I had my band removed after 2 1/2 years on July 8, 2010. I was told to wait 12 weeks for my tummy to get back to normal, it would make the sleeve much easier. I had my sleeve done on Oct 15 by Dr Aceves. It went so smooth, that i really did not think he did the surgery, until i took a big gulp of water! If you call Nina, she will also tell you that the 12 weeks is an ideal wait time, less complications. Also Dr A will only charge you what a virgin patient gets charged if you wait!

For me the wait wasn't that bad, but my bad habits started creeping back in at the end. i started drinking regular soda again, and eating sandwiches, and lots of bread! I didn't gain any weight, but still, it was hard to break the soda habit again!

Good luck with your journey! This forum is awesome and lots of great info!!

Patti

After a year with the band, I am considering a sleeve revision. My surgeon is planning on removing the band and doing the revision at the same time.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches