Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2wk update and heart racing

So I will be two weeks out tomorrow and I have lost a total of 25lbs including 5 pre-op. Woot! My wounds are healing up nicely though they itch. I have quite a bit of energy and have felt basically back to my old self since returning home. I have not made my protien requirement on any day and I'm just working on getting in my Water. Eating has become an unenjoyable chore to me. I hate to do it. I'd rather just drink all day. When I do eat my heart starts racing and I feel like I need to go lay down.

I'm a housekeeper and I went back to work yesterday. I was SO no ready. I would bend over to pick something up and get very dizzy. A house that usually takes me 6 hours took me almost 9. I won't be doing that again for 2 more weeks. Once I got home I had to take a hot shower and nap. My shoulders were killing me. I'm not sure why that was.

I still have thrush, I've tried beating it on my own with yogurt but that is just controling it so I'm calling my Dr today to get an Rx.

I'm also still not using artificial sweetners (aside from the flavored syrups) in anything. I had Dr Oz on while I was working and again it just confirmed my thoughts on those. Water is starting to taste a lot better. Right after surgery it had a metallic taste to it.

Anyway those are my thoughts. I'm so happy I've had the sleeve I cannot wait to see where I am next month!!!

xposted at OH

Wow you're doing really excellent!!! Keep up the good work and you will be at goal in no time at all :-)

djackson

you are doing extremly well you've lose 20lbs in two weeks i am very impressed. i have to tell you i do sometime get discourage when i see someone has been sleeved over six weeks and has only lost 20lbs (no offense anyone) i began to think we make this drastic move for 20lbs in a month i can do that without surgery i have done it several times of course all the weight comes back. then i read an update like yours and i,m like now that's what i'm taking about and i'm back on the band wagon. i know everyone is different and there are all kinds of reasons why people loose differently than others but it makes me think like what if i'm one of those people that only looses 5lbs per month or something i would be so upset to have going through all of this for those type of results. i know i know a lose is a lose but surgery for 5lbs a month naw. any way keep up the good work and i hope once i'm sleeved i will be able to report lose such as yours.

thickinphilly

djackson

you are doing extremly well you've lose 20lbs in two weeks i am very impressed. i have to tell you i do sometime get discourage when i see someone has been sleeved over six weeks and has only lost 20lbs (no offense anyone) i began to think we make this drastic move for 20lbs in a month i can do that without surgery i have done it several times of course all the weight comes back. then i read an update like yours and i,m like now that's what i'm taking about and i'm back on the band wagon. i know everyone is different and there are all kinds of reasons why people loose differently than others but it makes me think like what if i'm one of those people that only looses 5lbs per month or something i would be so upset to have going through all of this for those type of results. i know i know a lose is a lose but surgery for 5lbs a month naw. any way keep up the good work and i hope once i'm sleeved i will be able to report lose such as yours.

thickinphilly

I thought the same thing before surgery but then I said to myself it would be impossible to lose 5lbs a month with the calorie reduction I would be having. I was eating upwards of 2000 calories a day so to cut it down to 800 would still mean a huge loss. I reasoned if I only lose 10lbs a month, which I know I could do on a simple 1200 calorie diet, I would have lost 120lbs in a year and that's pretty awesome. The great thing is that as long as we don't go crazy it won't come back on for once. That, to me, is the best reason to have the surgery!

Congratulatios on your progress and optimism. I too had an accelerated heart 1-3 weeks post op, and also around eating time. When I mentioned it to my dr he said not to worry, that it was normal. I can't fully remember his explanation for it, but it was something that had to do with metabolism, digestion, and body temperature during and after eating. Some reaction/interaction of all these. Sorry I don't fully remember. I didn't worry much because it eventually went away, and it was never too accelerated to frighten much.

I too had dizziness and lightheadedness for a while, maybe up to 5 weeks. I was vigilant of Protein, Water, Vitamins, but I was still dizzy. This too went away around 6 weeks. Six weeks marked a turning point for me. That's when I gained energy and was pain free. I didn't return to work till two months after surgery, and I'm glad I was able to do that because based on some post surgery stories here, I struggled a bit more recovering than others. Be patient, but very careful with yourself. God bless you!

Thanks Estrellita, I took dinner tonight (black bean Soup pureed) very slowly and everything went fine. I had though perhaps eating too quickly or eating dairy was the problem. I don't think I'm over eating. I'm still on liquids and I don't eat more than 2 tbs of soup or yogurt as soon as I start to feel full or burp I stop.

Great job :)...be sure to take care of yourself and rest as needed, only one you :)

Hi,

I'm just a few days out of surgery and I've had terrible thrush since I woke up from surgery and it's driving me crazy! I scrape my tongue daily anyway but it's not helping at all! Did you end up getting an Rx? What did they give you?

Thanks,

Tami

So I will be two weeks out tomorrow and I have lost a total of 25lbs including 5 pre-op. Woot! My wounds are healing up nicely though they itch. I have quite a bit of energy and have felt basically back to my old self since returning home. I have not made my protien requirement on any day and I'm just working on getting in my Water. Eating has become an unenjoyable chore to me. I hate to do it. I'd rather just drink all day. When I do eat my heart starts racing and I feel like I need to go lay down.

I'm a housekeeper and I went back to work yesterday. I was SO no ready. I would bend over to pick something up and get very dizzy. A house that usually takes me 6 hours took me almost 9. I won't be doing that again for 2 more weeks. Once I got home I had to take a hot shower and nap. My shoulders were killing me. I'm not sure why that was.

I still have thrush, I've tried beating it on my own with yogurt but that is just controling it so I'm calling my Dr today to get an Rx.

I'm also still not using artificial sweetners (aside from the flavored syrups) in anything. I had Dr Oz on while I was working and again it just confirmed my thoughts on those. Water is starting to taste a lot better. Right after surgery it had a metallic taste to it.

Anyway those are my thoughts. I'm so happy I've had the sleeve I cannot wait to see where I am next month!!!

xposted at OH

I also got Thrush and my doctor prescribed me Nystatin Oral Suspension. I had to rinse my mouth 4 times a day for 5 days. It cleared it up for me rather quickly. I have also started eating yogurt to do what I can to resolve it myself.

Hi,

I'm just a few days out of surgery and I've had terrible thrush since I woke up from surgery and it's driving me crazy! I scrape my tongue daily anyway but it's not helping at all! Did you end up getting an Rx? What did they give you?

Thanks,

Tami