Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi! I'm trying to take vicodin

for my gout and the pill is STUCK. The liquid makes me ill and I can't take it. Any suggestions are appreciated.

thanks, :help: :help: :help:

Bitter pill, huh? Sorry the liquid makes you ill, is it just gross?

Crush the pill or cut it into pieces. Vicodin is nasty tasting. You could ask for another painkiller...

Vicodin dust in chocolate pudding... Quick and painless! I crush mine, put in a little pudding, and swollow quickly with a little liquid chaser.

As for the pill that is stuck? Maybe something hot will help? But I have read that most often they do an unfill for this issue.

I take loritab 10 everyday since neck surgery and since by banding date is in less that a month I had him call me in the liquid. Yesterday I thought, I better open it and just taste it to be on the safe side. YUCK. It's a light green and tastes horrible.

Sherri

I now have 10 pint bottles of crap!

When I had to take vicoden after my gall bladder surgery, the pills were so big I was afraid to take them whole and I certainly didn't want to crush them.........YUCK :yuck:

So, what I did was break them into about 3 pieces. I just kept thinking that as long as they were as small or smaller than the size of a pencil eraser I would be O.K. A couple of times I even put the pieces in yogurt and swallowed them down (or applesauce or pudding). That seemed to help them go down more smoothly.

*If the pill is actually STUCK, warm liquids should help dissolve the pill. That is, if you can get liquids down and the pill hasn't occluded the opening. Fortunately, this too shall pass even though it may be very painful in the process. If it got STUCK, remember to treat your stoma kindly afterwards because it can get irritated. You might want to do soft foods or even liquids for a day.

I bought a pill cutter at the pharmacy. I cut mine in half with it, but it cuts into quarters just fine. I think Vicodin tastes bitter so I pop one at a time in my mouth followed quickly by a little Water and just hold it there a few seconds so it will soften. Then it slides right down.

Laurapar:

I puchased a mortal and pestal at Williams Sonoma - it works like a charm. It crushes the pill into a fine powder. I put the powder in a glass with some juice, orange or grape, and drink it down.

Hope you feel better soon.

I hate to admit this but I actually snorted the Vicodin. I crushed it very finely cut a straw in half put one end in my nose made lines of Vicodin and snorted. It worked. This is not for everyone...good luck.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I like the mortal and pestal idea and putting it in pudding or juice. I just can't imagine snorting it, but thanks for the suggestion. The liquid that they gave me is yellow and it tastes terrible...just can't swallow it because of the taste.

Oh, it disolved overnight!

Glad you're feeling better. Old habits die hard - I just put a pill in my mouth like I have for the past 52 years, got some Water and had almost swallowed it when I remembered - I was able to hack it up like a fur ball!!:clap2:

Ask yoru Dr. for Butorphanol Tartrate nose spray. It is a painkiller in a nose spray form! My Dr. gave it to me for my surgery. I have it in a few weeks and went ahead and filled it to make sure I did not have a bad reaction to it. Everything seems fine and I only took a 1/2 dose.

Sniffing Vicodin...now I love vicodin but would be afraid to sniff it!