Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Woah! Rough Day!!!!

Friday is my VSG...I cannot believe it. I decided to keep my son out of school today so we could all spend the day together (incase I die and all. Morbid I know). We were doing running around had just a couple things to pick up. We went to the Chinese resturant to eat lunch since that's where my son wanted to go and I was surpised at how many things I could eat. Opened my fortune cookie "Today is your lucky day". Went by starbucks and ordered my 3carb coffee Decaf that I had been craving and went on my way when BAM a huge Dodge Ram truck slams into the back of me. Me and my husband go flying forward and then slam back in our seats breaking the seats (yeah I need to lose weight) and pushing the seats back on our kids laps. Hubbys headrest even broke he hit so hard. This guy was going about 35 and never hit the brakes. My car is totally smashed in but everyone is okay other than neck and head pain from everyone. Had to drive the car home and go get a rental which took 4 hours. I'm at home now and my youngest just fell asleep. That means I wont get to tell him bye before I leave at 5am. Infact I just nursed him to sleep and that might have been my last nursing him :( I'm packing and super nervous. Like almost in tears nervous expecially reading all these post about how many troubles people are having post op. Keep me in your thoughts please. I'm headed to Mexico in less than 12 hours. :unsure:

You are going to be so fine! Next time you see your son, you will be well into starting your new healthy adventure! And in a few months you will be playing and maybe even having a little chineese food with him again. Congratulations!

Friday is my VSG...I cannot believe it. I decided to keep my son out of school today so we could all spend the day together (incase I die and all. Morbid I know). We were doing running around had just a couple things to pick up. We went to the Chinese resturant to eat lunch since that's where my son wanted to go and I was surpised at how many things I could eat. Opened my fortune cookie "Today is your lucky day". Went by starbucks and ordered my 3carb coffee Decaf that I had been craving and went on my way when BAM a huge Dodge Ram truck slams into the back of me. Me and my husband go flying forward and then slam back in our seats breaking the seats (yeah I need to lose weight) and pushing the seats back on our kids laps. Hubbys headrest even broke he hit so hard. This guy was going about 35 and never hit the brakes. My car is totally smashed in but everyone is okay other than neck and head pain from everyone. Had to drive the car home and go get a rental which took 4 hours. I'm at home now and my youngest just fell asleep. That means I wont get to tell him bye before I leave at 5am. Infact I just nursed him to sleep and that might have been my last nursing him :( I'm packing and super nervous. Like almost in tears nervous expecially reading all these post about how many troubles people are having post op. Keep me in your thoughts please. I'm headed to Mexico in less than 12 hours. :unsure:

You will be absolutely fine, promise! You will be in excellent and caring hands. You will see once it's all over how silly it was to think like this. I mean, I understand believe me... but really you will be a-ok.

Check in and let us know how you're doing as soon as you're up to it. Hugs!!!

Sorry to hear about your accident, some people just need to open your eyes, but glad you all came out of it well sort of OK. I am sure you will be fine and you will see your son again. Keep us updated on how your doing. Good Luck and have a safe and unevetfull trip!

Oh wow, sorry about your accident, what terrible timing (not that is ever a GOOD time for that to happen!) I'm thankful that you were all okay, and it didn't derail your surgery plans. I hope you are doing well in recovery, and post an update when you can!