Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm not a big drinker (maybe one beer/mo)...after VSG, are you able to drink any type of alcohol again? And i mean like 6mos down the road kind of deal?

Thanks! :P

I was cleared for white wine at 2 months out. I enjoy a drink or two every now and then. Just be careful when you start. It affects people very differently after surgery. For me, it hits quick, but the effects go quickly too. I tend to like to sip on wine for the evening (have to add an ice cube cause it gets warm because I take so long). Beer is ok, but very filling and I don't enjoy it as much as I did pre-surgery.

But, before you drink anything, make sure your surgeon clears you.

Thanks! I didn't want to give up happy hour w/the girls for good. lol I can handle one drink very slowly... well, maybe. HAHA

I was cleared for white wine at 2 months out. I enjoy a drink or two every now and then. Just be careful when you start. It affects people very differently after surgery. For me, it hits quick, but the effects go quickly too. I tend to like to sip on wine for the evening (have to add an ice cube cause it gets warm because I take so long). Beer is ok, but very filling and I don't enjoy it as much as I did pre-surgery.

But, before you drink anything, make sure your surgeon clears you.

Thanks! I didn't want to give up happy hour w/the girls for good. lol I can handle one drink very slowly... well, maybe. HAHA

Hey! That's why we chose this particular surgery -right? To be able to enjoy just about anything in moderation.

Best of luck.

I'm not a big drinker (maybe one beer/mo)...after VSG, are you able to drink any type of alcohol again? And i mean like 6mos down the road kind of deal?

Thanks! :)

Yes ikts no big deal but you will be a complete lightweight!! Don't forget, it's empty calories :)

Jane x

Yes ikts no big deal but you will be a complete lightweight!! Don't forget, it's empty calories :cursing:

Jane x

Jane - You are so right about being a lightweight. Last night I was out at a catered function with open bar. I did not like the wine choices so I opted for a pre-surgery stand-by: Jack and Diet Coke. WOW! Knocked me off my butt & I sipped it for 45 minutes. My husband said "Not only are you a cheap date, now you are a cheap drunk. Let's go home! :blush:"

So, while they may be empty calories - the fringe benefits more than make up for it. LOL!!!

Like everyone else said, everything in moderation. There is nothing wrong with enjoying a few drinks with friends.

My written instructions say "Limit alcohol", which I do. I figure the calories into my food log. I didn't become a lightweight after surgery, though. I drink low cal white wine. Red didn't taste right post-op--at least not yet.

Jane - You are so right about being a lightweight. Last night I was out at a catered function with open bar. I did not like the wine choices so I opted for a pre-surgery stand-by: Jack and Diet Coke. WOW! Knocked me off my butt & I sipped it for 45 minutes. My husband said "Not only are you a cheap date, now you are a cheap drunk. Let's go home! :blush:"

So, while they may be empty calories - the fringe benefits more than make up for it. LOL!!!

Too funny, my husband now calls me a cheap date too!

OMG! Are you my sister in disguise? LMAO!!! This is my fave too!!! And I would always order Jack shots for my friends and they'd HATE me b/c it would knock them on their butts for the evening! :confused1:

Yes ikts no big deal but you will be a complete lightweight!! Don't forget, it's empty calories :biggrin2:

Jane x

I'm a lightweight now... I drink one beer and I have googly eyes. lol :confused1:

Hey! That's why we chose this particular surgery -right? To be able to enjoy just about anything in moderation.

Best of luck.

Well put! I have been craving some sort of rum drink. I have a while to wait until I can have some but it has been on my mind! Normally I am just a tequila shot taker (Patron Silver!) but I do like to order the Tropical Mai Tai from Red Robin and those have been sounding DELICIOUS!

:confused1:

OMG! Are you my sister in disguise? LMAO!!! This is my fave too!!! And I would always order Jack shots for my friends and they'd HATE me b/c it would knock them on their butts for the evening! :lol0:

LOL Peatie - We are going to have to meet once you are cleared for drinks again! :)

Thanks! :001_smile:

I have NEVER given up my rum and coke. . . i'll give up food and everything else, but not that! It hasn't hurt me in one way or another. . . doctor actually says it probably helped lower my cholestrol. . . go figure!

I keep hearing how we are such lightweights post-op so I have come up with a drink for us - The Tiny Tini - it's a martini but just a shot glass worth. Use an itty bitty aperetif glass and instead of olives, use capers!:D