Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Err so frustrating told to stop loosing

So I went to the nutrishinolist on the 22 and she told me to start on the pre op diet of 1200 cal low carb high protien. So I started on the 23 and during the past five days I have lost 4.6 pounds(which I was happy to see gone:thumbup:). Well while I was as the support group my DR. and Nut put to gether, I was talking to his assistant and she told me to stop loosing :confused1:becasue I was right at 40bmi when I started and now am below, and not being aproved by my insurance yet thats not a good thing. So I am frustrated that I have to go through the start up process again at a later date but also happy that I can go back to eating yummy food and no more damn protien shakes for a while!! Well any thanks for letting me complain a bit feel a little better now. Off to get some sushi and chocolate :drool5: well I guess I could weight till at least lunch time :001_smile:!!

Okay so before anyone starts yelling at me I am not going to go over board I will still keep the same lessons lerned, I will onlt eat when hungry and only untill satisfied, I will still keep the high protien and not so much grazing or snacking. I am just going to add more calories by adding back in carbs which I had compleetly avoided except fruit and veggie carbs by choice. I will just have to add them back in moderation, chalenging but what part anout this journey is not, so its doable.

That WOULD be frustrating! I don't blame you! It makes me glad I was a self-pay and didn't have to jump through any hoops for insurance.

So I went to the nutrishinolist on the 22 and she told me to start on the pre op diet of 1200 cal low carb high protien. So I started on the 23 and during the past five days I have lost 4.6 pounds(which I was happy to see gone:thumbup:). Well while I was as the support group my DR. and Nut put to gether, I was talking to his assistant and she told me to stop loosing :confused1:becasue I was right at 40bmi when I started and now am below, and not being aproved by my insurance yet thats not a good thing. So I am frustrated that I have to go through the start up process again at a later date but also happy that I can go back to eating yummy food and no more damn protien shakes for a while!! Well any thanks for letting me complain a bit feel a little better now. Off to get some sushi and chocolate :eek: well I guess I could weight till at least lunch time :eek:!!

Tell me what your diet menu that helped you to lose your weight so fast. Starting tonight I am joining weight watchers because I have to lose 10 lbs. I don't know if my surgeon will say anything if I lose the weight real fast or not.

Sorry~ I'm confused...

Did you get a pre-approval already and worried about the final approval if you lose more weight?

determined1 No I have not gotten any approval yet I am still have 4 more weeks of mandatory (by the insurance company) counseling to do before my paper work is handed in for aproval. The assistant said after I get the approval then I am free to loose, but to be on the safe side I need to stay above 40 bmi to be approved.

Iamsunshine

the diet that my nut game me to follow was a high protien 1200 cal diet and I decided to cut out all refind carbs the only carbs I got were from fruits and veggies. So it is supoed to be a shake with each meal one serving of carn with either lunch OR dinner lean protien for lunch and dinner with veggies on side. for Breakfast it is the shake plus berries.

I know I said it was a 1200 cal diet but really I was only getting 700 -1100 cals a day.

But basicaly it consisted of a protien shake made with skim milk plus a cup of berries for breakfast.2 hard boiled egg whites or 1 cup of melon for a snack. 2 oz of turkey of dry tuna with raw carrots celery radishes and cherry tomatoes for lunch. then 2-4 oz chicken with steamed veggies plus either a canned veggie or 1/2 cup Beans. then if I was still hungry later at night I would have a mini bag of light popcorn, Oh and lots and lots of Water at least 64 oz usually more but no drinking 1/2 hour before eating during eating and a 1/2 hour after eating honistly that was the hardest part.

good luck with your 10 pound I know you can do especially if you do some excersize which I did not.

Put some weights in your pockets when they weigh you!

Jane x

Drink an obscene amount of Water and put weights in your pockets.