Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lets just say......

okay... this is a completely pointless question but I was just pondering....

right now I'm slightly out of proportion. My top half is a 8/10 and my bottom half is a 12. Now I know that my bottom half is always the last to loose... but eventually things even out. What if I stopped loosing weight right now (I have no intention of doing this). Do you think things would eventually even out, or would I be lopsided forever.

Clearly I have too much free time

You probably won't really know the answer to this until you're at that point when the body changes stop coming and you settle completely into your new body. I'm at goal weight, and after being bigger on the bottom and in my stomach area for so many years, now I'm the opposite. My booty is gone, the stomach is flat and I realize that I have wide ribs. I finally see what my true body type is. Both halves are not currently wearing the same size either.

Am I lop-sided? Yes. Is it bad? I don't think so. But after being obese for so many years, I'll take this new shape any day of the week! Amen!

How Awsome that you see your ribs!!!!

Stacey, I agree with TexasT. I have 40 more to lose, I know the shape I was in high school at 110 pounds but who knows what my shape will be once I reach goal this time around. I have had three kids and this body has been through alot. I do hope that my bottom half gets much smaller to match my top half though!!!

Hey Stacey. I remember that you mentioned in another thread that you are about to start adding strength training to your routine. For me, strength training is the only thing that balances me out. I have always tended to be larger on top, but a few years ago after I lost a lot of weight and got heavily into strength training/weight lifting, everything finally balanced out. It's pretty much stayed that way even after I gained the weight back, but I could see myself heading back toward that unbalanced state a few months before surgery. I'm really looking forward to being able to get back to weight lifting. It never made me look masculine, just nicely shaped up.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!