Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gabby

Thanks for the input.Where did your husband get the hand held blender.thats sounds pretty neat.How are you doing since your band?What was the most hardest time during and after you got your band.I can't wait. I am sooo ready.

Thanks so

Joyce

jjfredericks4@aol.com

Guest JENNIELYNN1018

I purchased a hand held blender, the Braun Multi-Quick from a Bed Bath and Beyond here in NJ, it's about $25 and completely worth it, I've used it already. I'm hoarding things for my surgery 5/7, too- good luck!!

Thanks ! Well good luck on your surgery.So have you uesed the blender yet?I have been trying to but things for after the surgery.So it want be sooooo much exspence.

Thanks

Joyce

Congratulations on your decision to get banded and change your life forever!!!!!

Some things that have helped me through the first three and a half weeks (got banded on 3/24) - a lot of these have been mentioned already but I have been keeping a list of what works for me and copied it to here:

1. Plenty of non-carbonated liquids. bottles of Water help keep count of Water intake. I am not a great water drinker so I usually add sugar-free Kool-aid or Crystal Light (Walmart is cheapest). I soon learned it's nice to have lots of options available. Have an assortment of broth also. You can boil the broth and add a beaten egg and make egg drop Soup. This is tasty, healthy, easy going down, and filling. Once you get to full liquids it gets easier, you can choose from things like V8 juice, Yogurt smoothies, Instant Breakfast (sugar-free of course), etc. I have just gotten into the habit of looking on the shelves for different options. When you find something that works don’t forget to let us know!!!

2. I also bought all the different kinds of mashed potatoes in a cup but found that regular boxed instant mashed potatoes tasted better – it’s all a matter of preference, yogurts (non-fat), sugar-free puddings, Tomato soup(one of my faves), actually any soup works, I have found that blending them in the blender makes just about any of them go down well. Malt-O-Meal and Cream of wheat are also tasty warm meals.

3. Protein shakes were my salvation (and still are) when I just don’t get enough Protein in. The Atkins and Slim fast ones have 20grams of protein, which help with getting the 60grams of protein in daily. I either drink these over ice or I mix them with ice in a blender to make a smoothy (almost like a milk shake)

4. There are also plenty of choices in the sugar free Popsicle aisle. There are fudgesicles, cremesicles, and just about any flavor Popsicle. These are great because you can actually chew them.

5. Don’t forget your chewable Vitamins, antacids (chewable or liquid), advil or tylenol (chewable or liquid – like Jennye said, try to get the adult strength or you end up drinking half the bottle), and something for gas (although I haven’t needed that yet).

6. Don’t be surprised at how much you can eat at different times of the day. I have yet to figure it out. Sometimes I feel like I can eat anything and others I can’t eat hardly anything without getting that “it’s all going to come back up” feeing.

Hope all this helps, it's a little late (I just got back from Disneyland). Good Luck!!

;) :eek: